Thread Rating:
Berahino
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-1...26767.aspx

Says a lot but still leaves a lot unsaid, if you know what I mean
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE in my opinion because he will be gone in a maximum of 6 months and no doubt plying his trade elsewhere and scoring goals against us. Words are cheap

He's definitely bitten off the hand that feeds him and destroyed the Good Will of WBA supporters.

JOG ON
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(20-11-2016, 19:50)Worldclassalbion Wrote: TOO LITTLE TOO LATE in my opinion because he will be gone in a maximum of 6 months and no doubt plying his trade elsewhere and scoring goals against us. Words are cheap

He's definitely bitten off the hand that feeds him and destroyed the Good Will of WBA supporters.

JOG ON

Maybe destroyed the will of some, even most supporters.

I for one am the eternal optimist and still think he can pull it out of the bag and be a valuable player for us. Reading his interview it seems heart felt (if he actually wrote it) and if he comes back from this, signs a new contract and starts to play as he can, then I am prepared to put the past antic's down to those of naughty teenager and welcome him back. "To err is human, to forgive, divine".
4evaabaggie likes this post
Salop, you are truly divine and I like you still think Saido has a big talent and if he can focus regain his form, sign a new deal and comes out stronger I will shout his name with pride. A young man who has been dazzled by admiration and lost his way. Many young men have lost their ways and done far worse. His words appear to show his thoughts and thanks to our club. His behaviour has tarnished our club, let's pray he rebuilds our reputation.

I won't hold my breath but fingers crossed ......
Salopbaggie likes this post
(20-11-2016, 21:05)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(20-11-2016, 19:50)Worldclassalbion Wrote: TOO LITTLE TOO LATE in my opinion because he will be gone in a maximum of 6 months and no doubt plying his trade elsewhere and scoring goals against us. Words are cheap

JOG ON

Maybe destroyed the will of some, even most supporters.  

I for one am the eternal optimist and still think he can pull it out of the bag and be a valuable player for us.  Reading his interview it seems heart felt (if he actually wrote it) and if he comes back from this, signs a new contract and starts to play as he can, then I am prepared to put the past antic's down to those of naughty teenager and welcome him back. "To err is human, to forgive, divine".

To err is human, to be a Bell End and an ungrateful Brat is human too. If he signed a new contract then yes even I would give him a second chance BUT at the minute he doesn't deserve our loyalty. He thinks he is bigger and better than the club and everyone else. Look at all our great players over the years whom are still adored by us fans. He's been a disgrace and isn't fit to lace the boots of the likes of Astle, Bomber, Regis, Taylor, Phillips etc.

He most certainly hasn't penned that letter himself albeit a decent one. We are all different and I'm sure a lot of fans still love him.

'To forgive Divine'....maybe but he has not only been silly once but several times over the last 18 months. He's trouble and always will be.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
He's quite eloquent (his new Agent). Nice words.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I don`t buy it. It`s an agents attempt to convince others that he is a reformed angel, in the hope of securing a move to a BIG club.

“I also need to speak directly to the Albion fans. I know many are angry with me and feel I have let down THEIR club. I have to deal with that criticism.
Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-1...3qg6uL9.99

That one word speaks volumes. Is it not YOUR club Saddo.? If so you should have said OUR club.

DD Angry Angry
talkSAFT likes this post
Ubique.
I fully understand all of us who feel a huge amount of anger towards Berahino, he has done himself few favours, particularly through those early "I won't play for Jeremy Peace" comments which were downright stupid. However, I share the views of Salopbaggie and would be happy to see a fitter, focused and committed player come back into the squad, accepting the obvious problems related to those three criteria. We don't have many striking options and, on his day, he is better than anyone we currently have, in my view, as a natural finisher. He has a long way to go to build bridges with the fans but I'd like to see him given the chance to do so and let's see if this contrition is genuine
Salopbaggie and drewks like this post
I share the view that this statement has probably been made with different motives (to peace making) in mind.....but I really hope I'm wrong, because of Saido as a PERSON - a genuine acceptance of how he's gone wrong would do him so much good - and as a PLAYER - he's simply a brilliant player and finisher on his day.

Really, really could do with a fit & focussed SB in our line up, and I hope that this is the first step to achieving that Thumb up
All talk and no substance!

If he really was grateful to the club and respected all that they have done for him he would sign a new contract.

Signing a new contract is the only message of substance I would accept from him - Then I'd forgive.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »