Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Wildsmith, Hunt, Lees, Pudil, Fox, Boyd, Bannan, Jones, Reach, Rhodes, Hooper.

442 - just in case you were wondering.
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(22-07-2017, 20:20)Owlkev71 Wrote: Wildsmith, Hunt, Lees, Pudil, Fox, Boyd, Bannan, Jones, Reach, Rhodes, Hooper.

442 - just in case you were wondering.

I didn't even know we were playing but I did know it would be 4-4-2  Laugh Cry
Statesideowl likes this post
and complicated
well we know for sure now that Pudil is the new center back thats 3 times hes been played there and all shit everytime he has because he cant defend the ball in the air and gets skinned so easy its laughable Doh
(22-07-2017, 20:57)Imre varadi Wrote: well we know for sure now that Pudil is the new center back thats 3 times hes been played there and all shit everytime he has because he cant defend the ball in the air and gets skinned so easy its laughable  Doh

We are nailed on relegation candidates as we stand Angry
and complicated
(21-07-2017, 00:26)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(20-07-2017, 22:44)Imre varadi Wrote: hes the bollocks charlie he as all the moves and more that his dad had its so obvious for me anyway to see !! yes he needs some more beef dinners but as i remember his dad at 21 at least when he started for us wasnt exactly superman !! and if we dont give him a chance then how the feff is he going to come on ? 5 minutes a game when we are in control is all i ask !!! and again sending him out to another club on loan is madness unless we are picking the way he has to play he will only become shit loans are shit the end off they never get better unless they are at there peak ..... example palmer !!! dawson has come on and for goalies i agree its a well thought out plan but when we have nothing more to offer than nooshit & jooshit its just pure insanity !!!

The thing is for him to progress I think we all agree he needs to be playing at a higher level, and a competitive level, instead of the development squad.  But I think the Championship, and even more the top half of the championship is a step too far at this stage for him, so for me he would be better going out on loan to a club that play the way that suits his style and that will guarantee to give him lots of playing time to allow him to develop.  I don't think we can use Palmer as an example of why this wouldn't work, Palmer does not have the potential that Hirst does so was never going to improve that much anyway.  

The other thing is, if we put him in the team, who does he replace??  He isn't at this stage as good as at least 4 of our strikers and we are currently in the business of pushing for promotion. How long would the fans or the management give him if he struggles to step up and we end up losing games because he is not taking chances, and what damage would that do to him in the long run as well.  If h is the gem we hope he is, he needs to make the next step up, I'm just not convinced that is in our first team and is more likely to be in League 1 or 2 with the right club and the right coaching staff to bring him on.  I would compare him to Tammy Abraham, he is 2 years older than Hirst but has spent the last season on loan at Brizzle and did very well, earning himself a full season loan to Swansea in the prem.  Get Hirst on loan for a season and then bring him back next season as a stronger, better player who might be able to do a job for us.

As a matter of interest which four strikers do you think are better than Hirst?
Maddix likes this post
"God Save the King."
0-0 HT.
Rhodes, FF, Hooper and Fletcher would be classed better than young Hirsty, they have all scored at Championship level. I would prefer Hirsty on the bench rather than Joao or Nuhiu
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
obviously Fessi Fletcher hooper rhodes & possibly winnall are better than hirst at the moment but fletcher & hoopers time is nearly up rhodes is at his peak and Fessi could become one of the best strikers in England ? winnall i dont think will last as hes only maguire esq and doesnt look like improving ? joao could become like Fessi surely will !! but he seems to have a lazy attitude towards it all ! but fme nuhui the mans not scored since world war 2 so why do we keep giving him a shirt ???
Nuhiu can defend corners Doh

0-0 FT.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(22-07-2017, 21:58)Imre varadi Wrote: obviously Fessi Fletcher hooper rhodes & possibly winnall are better than hirst at the moment but fletcher & hoopers time is nearly up rhodes is at his peak and Fessi could become one of the best strikers in England ? winnall i dont think will last as hes only maguire esq and doesnt look like improving ? joao could become like Fessi surely will !! but he seems to have a lazy attitude towards it all ! but fme nuhui the mans not scored since world war 2 so why do we keep giving him a shirt ???

Fessi is a wanker that we could do with getting rid of. CC's whole game plan seems to revolve around him and he can't see any further than hoping for a glory goal Doh Should have f'ucked him off at the start of last season when he chucked his dummy away.
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »