Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Leeds have appointed Thomas Christiansen (Spanish) as their new Manager. He last managed Apoel Nicosia.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(15-06-2017, 15:28)Owlkev71 Wrote: Leeds have appointed Thomas Christiansen (Spanish) as their new Manager. He last managed Apoel Nicosia.

That sounds like a good candidate for the first Championship manager to get the axe in 17-18 Laugh Laugh

And, the village start splashing the PL cash by signing Mooy for 10M
(15-06-2017, 13:46)Owlkev71 Wrote: Don't know if this links helps or not:

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Well that makes things quite a lot clearer in terms of what you get. We get very few live Championship games on TV over here anyway, but hopefully we won't be chosen too many times. I will definitely sign up for this!!

Maddix - so for you its 45 quid to get the equivalent of WW, thats about the same as before isn't it?? I also assume the commentary will be the same with Rob and JP for home games and Radio Sheffield for the away games.

(15-06-2017, 16:13)Washington Wrote:
(15-06-2017, 15:28)Owlkev71 Wrote: Leeds have appointed Thomas Christiansen (Spanish) as their new Manager. He last managed Apoel Nicosia.

That sounds like a good candidate for the first Championship manager to get the axe in 17-18  Laugh  Laugh

And, the village start splashing the PL cash by signing Mooy for 10M

Well thats a bold move, only 3 seasons as manager in Cyprus, although he was successful in that time but god knows what standard of football that is?? Could be a Wagner type move or it could be a Bob Bradley version, only time will tell.
Yeah, I pay £4 summat a month which works out slightly more than stumping up in one go but I can cancel anytime and not lose too much.

I know we had a moan about WW but it's better that teletext Wink and you get to watch the highlights or full match the next day Thumb up
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
and complicated
10 MILLION ... he's good ..but he ain't THAT good
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
(15-06-2017, 22:28)Was Wereham Owl Wrote: 10 MILLION ... he's good ..but he ain't THAT good

Thats the going rate these days though, look at what Leicester just paid for Harry Maguire - 17m quid!!!!!!!!
17 mill for Maguire is ridiculous.... with crowds at games generally falling (so I'm led to believe) and the prices and wages of players going up there is going to be a crash soon....and many of them are going to fall hard. Like everything the bubble will eventually burst.
Imre varadi likes this post
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(15-06-2017, 23:50)Towinjustonce Wrote: 17 mill for Maguire is ridiculous.... with crowds at games generally falling (so I'm led to believe) and the prices and wages of players going up there is going to be a crash soon....and many of them are going to fall hard. Like everything the bubble will eventually burst.

And the Blades get £4.5 million of that.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
The wank cup draw coming up ! and weve got .........
The Owls are to play Chesterfield @ Hillsborough in the 1st Round of the Carabao Cup (League Cup to you & me)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »