Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Ian Mellor, who scored in the Boxing Day Massacre, has died at the age of 74.

His son Neil, also played for the Owls in the 2010/11 campaign.
Imre varadi likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
That was one of the most memorable goals I ever saw at S6!! I was standing on the Kop right in line with that shot, thought Richardson would get to it but it was hit with such pace right into the top corner.

RIP Ian.
Maddix likes this post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cnl4ypn8xrno.amp

Turns out there was some influencing going on afterall.

We're also going to go the full season without getting a single penalty despite there's been a few definite calls.
Leicester had 13 Pens awarded this season, anyone still think that's a coincidence?

Pens given against us without issue. Two in two minutes against Cardiff. 3 pens given to Cardiff over the two games against us
Red cards that aren't reds
Bizarre offsides that aren't offside
Goals disallowed for ridiculous soft fouls or simply just robbed of the goal.

These are not 'mistakes' some clubs are experiencing an increased volume in referee incompetence and others are blatantly reaping the rewards from it as the incompetence doesn't seem to affect certain clubs... Hmmm that's a very interesting coincidence Doh

I still haven't forgotten that VAR goal the lino flagged us for against Plymouth in Div 3 last season...
Absolutely fukkery but here we are, these are the consequences of carrying on as normal pretending it isn't happening as fans.
The Club had to take action FFS!! We actually had to send Barry to talk to Webb and it actually made things worse!!!

The corruption is becoming normalised each season and they'll continue to introduce new bullshit to stupify the Muppets who truly believe the refs aren't corrupt!!!

Again, Coventry last minute offside against Manure. Slightly offside for one team is slightly onside for another and you can guarantee the var team would concluded it was onside were it Man U.
These situations will be manipulated. It's remarkable how some still don't see what's happening to the game.
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Championship fixtures will be released on 26th June.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I've had a thought about this and seen the teams and oxford at home would be my pick failing that posh failing that Bolton ...no easy games at home or away the leagues a effing nightmare !! I do feel if kompany leaves Burnley then there will be no clear favourites this year like liecester Luton and the pigs are done for and forest if they do crumble will be in all sorts of financial shite problems with wages..Leeds will also fall apart if they make it 6 in a row for failing the playoffs ! Southampton would be my favorites should they fail but I think they'll win the playoffs .
Grunters first up would be good. Their hangover will be enormous Thumb up
and complicated
Posh failing to deal with the playoffs again ..Bolton nailed on favourites due to having experience at Wembley and obviously filling the ground but wouldn't it be nice if oxford do the c@nts ! I might actually sit down and watch my first game since our playoff final ..looking forward to it ..if oxford get there ? I can't cheer posh on ..f@ck that !
Oxford knock Peterborough out of the playoff, same stage as we did them last season!! Let’s hope they can pull off the surprise and beat Noblot in the final.
I fancy for oxford to beat Bolton I'm putting this down in my diary ...meanwhile Harry Kane will be going for a quadruple of thin air in the euros with rat face and his losers pmsl !!!

Kane was asked about this and he was quoted to say obviously!!!
Another VAR fix

New released/clearer angles showing Mazraoui onside for Bayern.
Very similar to the Coventry v Manure decision.

There's far too much deception from players involved too, the cheating isn't just the officials the players these days have absolutely no integrity whatsoever.
These VAR officials are getting beyond a joke, the game is ruined by money, greed and corruption. It's every single big game now.

High profile games shouldn't be marred by referee and linesman 'incompetence'
There'll be more rules and manipulation next season too with VAR. It's so messy and destroys any excitement in the game. Fans are tired of waiting to celebrate goals, that isn't how the passion or emotional aspect of the game works.

There's no way a viable case can be argued for anything other than corruption at this point in the game. Especially the higher up and closer to the money and silverware you get.

What kind of fan supports a plastic, corporate club that buys influence and cheats?
I would loath Wednesday to win anything under such circumstances as it puts legitimacy into question.
It's bad enough that every world cup some frog reminds us our 66' winning goal against Germany wasn't over the line.
Yea, we've had that go against us too.

Honestly,fk Var it's destroyed the game. It could've been a wonderful tool but in the hands of the corrupt it's actually a weapon.

Demographically, it's seems to be over 30's that are more outraged by these goings on with the under 30's too young to know better.
Well conditioned, the next generation of 'fans' who are oblivious to all the corruption their version of the game now harbours.

As in every other walk if life We, the people keep standing for it and putting up with it each and every time they take a little more from us.
"You're overreacting" or "Nothings as bad as you're making out" used as gaslighting methods to silence those drawing attention to the obvious while absolutely everything around us is in a state of decay....

No, it's ceaseless social attacks from the top down, with war on so many fronts you're left feeling shell shocked and ready to cave in just so you can enjoy 'a quiet life'

They're not taking me quietly though! Muhahahahaaa... W*nker sheeple ruining it for the masses
Maddix likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »