Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
(30-08-2017, 14:31)Statesideowl Wrote: The Dutch kid seems to be dragging a bit. But should be a good signing and stop us playing Pudil at cb ffs

I don't think you missed anything, kev. But the question was mostly rhetorical

If we sold Hirst to a Yorkshire rival I'll have kittens

I doubt we'll sell Hirst when we can give him away for free later this season Wink
and complicated
Good signing this joost fellow and if we had a decent manager he valencia and lees will battle it out for the center back position making loovens and pudil surplus to requirements and hopefully moving on ( one to be shot like a lame horse and the other to be sold to someone who is as gulable as us Whistle ) and if we did have a decent manager instead of a prize tit ! then like wash says we could play 3 at the back and get rid of hunt aswell Thumb up it could be like winning the lottery Whistle but we havnt and the new signing is only 23 years old which is obviously a big problem with hier dickhead so he will be flung striaght into the vortex so he can become super fit and get injured everytime he plays an actual game like the rest of the players Doh

and on the other note Angry If we sell young Hirst to anyone DC can pack his bags and xxxx off back to Thailand Angry

just listened to his interview and the poor bastard is going striaght into the Votex you can just tell ! its like mine dickhead has told him first its the vortex there is a lovley seat there which sasso use to sit on ! then ill break your confidence so much through my choice of team and constantly letting loovens back in for no aparant reason and you will ask to leave and ill ignore you for 3 years while the club is still paying youre wage !!
Statesideowl, Maddix, Baggiebob(BBB) like this post
(30-08-2017, 19:34)Imre varadi Wrote: just listened to his interview and the poor bastard is going striaght into the Votex you can just tell ! its like mine dickhead has told him first its the vortex there is a lovley seat there which sasso use to sit on ! then ill break your confidence so much through my choice of team and constantly letting loovens back in for no aparant reason and you will ask to leave and ill ignore you for 3 years while the club is still paying youre wage !!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

F'UCK IT
and complicated
Good signing for us and that means we are set at CH with 4 actual CHs and two stand-ins with Hutch and Pudil.

As for Hirst, I firmly believe he is not ready for the Championship, and he is definitely behind the 4 main strikers as well as FF and probably Joao, Nuhiu shouldn't count and should be sold. Hirst needs to go out on loan to League one at best but he needs to sign a new contract. If he doesn't sign a new contract then we should sell him now. We have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes but I think his head has been turned by his Dad and by the interest from PL clubs. They will certainly pay him more than we will but I also guarantee they will immediately loan him out to League one or below to allow him to develop and play some proper football against men not boys. At the moment I have no time for him, he is showing no loyalty to the club that brought him through from a very young age, and if he isn't ready for the first team then he needs to go on loan but for me he is seeing the bright lights too much!!
with repsects to youre beliefs charlie ! when you say you do not think hes ready for the championship yet ? is Abdi Matiass Nuhui Palmer Wildsmith etc etc ready for the championship yet ? i mean do they actually change a game when they come on form the seats they sit on for a lifetime ? answer no do they xxxx !!! so wouldnt it be better if yong Hirst tossed it off there at least he might come good in the future if he is so shit !!
(30-08-2017, 22:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: Good signing for us and that means we are set at CH with 4 actual CHs and two stand-ins with Hutch and Pudil.

As for Hirst, I firmly believe he is not ready for the Championship, and he is definitely behind the 4 main strikers as well as FF and probably Joao, Nuhiu shouldn't count and should be sold.  Hirst needs to go out on loan to League one at best but he needs to sign a new contract.  If he doesn't sign a new contract then we should sell him now.  We have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes but I think his head has been turned by his Dad and by the interest from PL clubs.  They will certainly pay him more than we will but I also guarantee they will immediately loan him out to League one or below to allow him to develop and play some proper football against men not boys.  At the moment I  have no time for him, he is showing no loyalty to the club that brought him through from a very young age, and if he isn't ready for the first team then he needs to go on loan but for me he is seeing the bright lights too much!!

The problem is that he turned down these clubs a few years ago because he wanted to follow in his Dad's footsteps and came to our academy. We've given him no encouragement to stay financially (which is what everything boils down to) or playing wise. If I was a precocious teenager banging in goals for fun, representing England at all levels and then seeing wankers like Nuhiu and Joao being given chance after chance after chance while I can't even get a place on the bench and the odd 10 minutes to help my development then I would be as pissed off as George Hirst.

If he's not ready SCO, then the 10 minutes now and then will make him realise that and help him settle down.

Mark my words, we will come out of this badly both financially and playing wise because we have no f'ucker with a clue in the admin department Angry
and complicated
(30-08-2017, 23:13)Imre varadi Wrote: with repsects to youre beliefs charlie ! when you say you do not think hes ready for the championship yet ? is Abdi Matiass Nuhui Palmer Wildsmith etc etc ready for the championship yet ? i mean do they actually change a game when they come on form the seats they sit on for a lifetime ? answer no do they **** !!! so wouldnt it be better if yong Hirst tossed it off there at least he might come good in the future if he is so shit !!

Not sure your argument is relevant. All of those you mentioned are squad players and aside from Nuhiu are not strikers, they are essentially our reserves, Hirst isn't even up to that standard yet. He will not get any games with us this season, he could warm the bench for a few games and make a few 10-15 minute cameos but surely at this stage of his career (and lets not forget he has only just turned 18 and is still wafer thin!!) its proper game time he needs in full blooded games!! He is holding us to ransom because he does have great potential. If its first team football he wants then what makes him think any PL club will give him that?? He is chasing the money and I think he is too young and too raw for us to be playing that game. Sell him with a sell on clause or get him to sign the contract.

(30-08-2017, 23:19)Maddix Wrote:
(30-08-2017, 22:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: Good signing for us and that means we are set at CH with 4 actual CHs and two stand-ins with Hutch and Pudil.

As for Hirst, I firmly believe he is not ready for the Championship, and he is definitely behind the 4 main strikers as well as FF and probably Joao, Nuhiu shouldn't count and should be sold.  Hirst needs to go out on loan to League one at best but he needs to sign a new contract.  If he doesn't sign a new contract then we should sell him now.  We have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes but I think his head has been turned by his Dad and by the interest from PL clubs.  They will certainly pay him more than we will but I also guarantee they will immediately loan him out to League one or below to allow him to develop and play some proper football against men not boys.  At the moment I  have no time for him, he is showing no loyalty to the club that brought him through from a very young age, and if he isn't ready for the first team then he needs to go on loan but for me he is seeing the bright lights too much!!

The problem is that he turned down these clubs a few years ago because he wanted to follow in his Dad's footsteps and came to our academy. We've given him no encouragement to stay financially (which is what everything boils down to) or playing wise. If I was a precocious teenager banging in goals for fun, representing England at all levels and then seeing wankers like Nuhiu and Joao being given chance after chance after chance while I can't even get a place on the bench and the odd 10 minutes to help my development then I would be as pissed off as George Hirst.

If he's not ready SCO, then the 10 minutes now and then will make him realise that and help him settle down.

Mark my words, we will come out of this badly both financially and playing wise because we have no f'ucker with a clue in the admin department  Angry

Disagree!! Show me who in those England teams he plays for is a regular at their club at first team level?? If he wants to follow in his dads footsteps thats fine, but his Dad did his "loan" bit at the Dingles before he was in our first team. Does anyone on here truly think he is ready for the first team at S6?? Because knowing Wednesday fans, god help him if he doesn't score every game!!! And wankers like Nuhiu and Joao are not in the team, bench at best and only for one of them at best, so they are hardly being given chance after chance these days. The odd ten minutes won't develop him anywhere near as much as a loan move will.

What would you have the club do?? He isn't going anywhere until he signs a contract and the club is protected by that contract, he has been stalling on it for a while now because someone is in his ear saying that if he goes to Leicester he can play in the prem!! That is not the case, so as we stand he is simply holding out for more money, not more playing time.
Probably none Chaz. But as I said things could be handled a lot better. Why not give him a kick up the arse by playing him in that stupid f'ucking cup that keeps changing its name to bring him back down to earth a bit then give him another £500 a week with incentives to keep him sweet ? Leicester have bid £2 million for him by all accounts so they've seen the potential. All I want is for us not to come out of this with the usual egg on our faces  Doh

Oh, and the odd 10 minutes might make him think he does have a future at this circus Wink
Washington and St Charles Owl like this post
and complicated
(30-08-2017, 23:39)Maddix Wrote: Probably none Chaz. But as I said things could be handled a lot better. Why not give him a kick up the arse by playing him in that stupid f'ucking cup that keeps changing its name to bring him back down to earth a bit then give him another £500 a week with incentives to keep him sweet ? Leicester have bid £2 million for him by all accounts so they've seen the potential. All I want is for us not to come out of this with the usual egg on our faces  Doh

Things can always be better handled with hindsight!! Hirst Snr left the club because of a conflict of interest, we all know what that was. I think everyone sees the potential in him, its a matter of opinion whether he is good enough for the 1st team though. I would also say that from CC's perspective, he is under pressure from our fan base after only 5 games where we have actually started better than previous seasons, I am not sure any of us would pick a completely untried 18 year old when our job was potentially on the line, for me he picked strikers who have sat on the bench and equally need game time ahead of Hirst in the cup games because in all likelihood Rhodes and Winnall are more likely to get him goals to help us get promoted. Managing a football team these days is very short term, and the younger players are the ones who suffer, particularly in the Prem.

I want him to become a legend like his dad but throwing his toys out of the pram at 18 won't do him any good from our perspective but it might just get him the move he seems to want because of the money being offered.
Washington likes this post
Transfer Deadline Day, Window closes at 11pm BST.

Nothing to report yet.

First rumours, Josh Sims, Winger from Southampton and Ryan Kent winger from Liverpool.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »