Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
you would like xxxx in the team ?

thats spelt c----unt
Winall didn't get a touch wallaces cross went in.
And as imre said, Pudil nowhere for their goal.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
From The Sheffield Star

Sheffield Wednesday chief Carlos Carvalhal insists he will not be rushed into signing a new centre-back before the start of the new Championship season.
Carvalhal, who watched his Owls side beat Doncaster Rovers 2-1 in a pre-season friendly last night, has so far been thwarted in his attempts to bring in two centre-halves this summer.

But the Wednesday head coach, who refused to be drawn on speculation linking them with Charlie Mulgrew and Alan Hutton, is refusing to panic: “We have tried to bring in centre-backs to discuss the position,” he told The Star. “We have looked at players in the Premier League, the Championship, League One, League Two and abroad.”

The Owls head to Preston North End for their opening fixture a week on Saturday.

“These kind of things take time,” said Carvalhal. “We don’t want to make mistakes.
“We have had chances to bring in centre-halves but we have not found the correct ones.
“My staff and I have seen more than 200 centre-backs but for various reasons we have not brought one in.
“We are caring about it. We are not desperate even though everybody knows we need centre-backs.”

The Owls maintained their unbeaten run in pre-season thanks to goals either of side of half-time by Sam Winnall and Gary Hooper at the Keepmoat Stadium. Captain Glenn Loovens returned to action after recovering from a hamstring problem, coming on as a second half replacement. Kieran Lee was not involved due to his ongoing hip problem but Carvalhal is confident the midfielder will train later this week.
Of their showing against Rovers, Carvalhal said: “I’m happy with what we achieved. We gave players rhythm. The score was not important. It was a friendly match. The answer of our team was okay.
“I was not happy with the goal we conceded as we never want to concede goals but in general it was a good performance.

We couldn't find 1 out of 200.  Doh  Doh
We are desperate for a CB, we have conceded 4 goals this pre season, 3 of them headers from crosses Doh  Doh
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I agree, Kev.

Carlos is sugar coating the shit at this point. We should have been looking at both players and loans long before now. At this stage I'm feeling Carlos has taken us as far as he can. He did great work to get us playing actual football and not whatever it was we've been doing the last decade.
However, he and his staffs limited abilities are starting to show.
I know, I know. I'm always pessimistic. But I fail to see how you can find positivity in the blatant incompetence the club still displays. HULL and now Huddersfield, stubbornness, unwillingness to change and adapt.
Failure to both find and secure solid players.
Carlos talks shit at this point, his blueprint is the same as last season and we'll be making knee jerk signings the week before preston.
Owlkev71, Imre varadi, Maddix like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Fulham have found a CB, Tomas Kalas has signed on a season long loan from Chelsea. He was on loan there last season.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
So much for being friends with the great one. We could at least try to tap up one of the big three for some kids, ffs.
I wouldnt loan out one of my players knowing that all he was going to do would be warm the bench ? when the Brilliant Loovens is fit !
(27-07-2017, 15:49)Imre varadi Wrote: I wouldnt loan out one of my players knowing that all he was going to do would be warm the bench ? when the Brilliant Loovens is fit !

We do have a track record of f'ucking about with loanee's Doh no wonder no one wants to send their prodigies to us Doh
Washington likes this post
and complicated
(27-07-2017, 20:08)Maddix Wrote:
(27-07-2017, 15:49)Imre varadi Wrote: I wouldnt loan out one of my players knowing that all he was going to do would be warm the bench ? when the Brilliant Loovens is fit !

We do have a track record of f'ucking about with loanee's  Doh no wonder no one wants to send their prodigies to us  Doh

Problem has been most of our loanees haven't been prodigies, they have usually been players on the back end of their career. We did well with Barkley and Wickham when they were young, but since then we have had the likes of McGeady, Buckley, Bothroyd and GTF!!!!! We need to be looking for the young loanees, like Tammy Abraham or Dele Alli when he was younger.
More good news which has nothing to do with us but with our rivals the pigs !!! they have singed a non discript 23 year old for there net it says from Chelsea but hes never played for them only wycombe and he was loaned out to warm the becnh at Borro and somewhere else ? ... anyway they havnt got a pot to piss in obviously and they have a shit keeper which always helps on derby day !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »