Thread Rating:
Huddersfield Vs Derby Match thread
Huddersfield Town Vs Derby County Match Thread
[Image: thumb_071e4e2f-e631-4f03-802f-a09797dc9e40.jpg]     [Image: p1029578637-3.jpg]

Hello guys and Dolls!

Welcome to a brief forray into the match thread for this weekends game. I've been a wee bit busy this week with work and have had a few days that have been a little longer than I would have expected. Today is one of those days too, so this is coming up on one of my breaks, so I apologise in advance for the lack of content and pictures. I'll add to this and/or add pictures later or tomorrow depending on what time I finish etc.

So onto saturdays game. Town go into the game on the back of two defeats which has prompted some questions from certain areas as to whether huddersfield towns bubble has burst and if it means that town are now going to slide back towards the middle of the table, with the thought of being top nothing but a distant memory. Saturdays game could go a fair way to suggesting that the two defeats were just minor blips and that the dream is still well and truly alive. Its worth noting that the bubble bursting was always expected by the pundits, and the ambitions before the season were to be top half/ higher mid table, so we are actually still overachieving despite the league position, the start we've had just allows people to dream, especially after what leicester managed last year. if they hadnt have won the premier league last year, would we even be thinking its possible or would we be like everyone else expecting it to end?

[Image: 1385084020403_867.jpg]

our guests have had a highly disappointing start to the season and have already dispensed of one manager who alledgedly fell out with an owner who tried to stick his nose into areas of the club that didnt need it. Nigel Pearson ( the osterich man) was sacked with the team near the bottom of the league, with the side struggling to score goals, let alone win games, it may even have been won one and only scored one goal, i am not too sure about that though so dont hold me to that. If that is or isnt the case then it is highly surprising considering the attacking quality they have amongst their ranks, including daddies boy Tommy boy.
The issue Pearson had with Mel Morris was supposedly the fact that Morris was watching in on the sides training sessions whilst out of the country via drones. They as such had a couple of games under the guardianship of Pearson's assistant manager chris powell (remember him?). he was at one point the favourite for the job as was our very own herr Wagner, however, waggers rejected the opportunity and powell was overlooked in favour of failed England and Newcastle boss and former rams manager Steve McClaren, who will be hoping that the saying 'never go back' is not in action for him, as it could well and truly ruin his managerial career, however, it isnt the first time he has gone back to one of his old stomping grounds not that long after leaving it, the first few games saw Mcclaren take a seat in the stands whilst Powell reverted back to assistant manager on the touchline. Since he has returned the rams have won one against leeds (i think) and drawn one, which to be fair is already better than what it was!

[Image: article-1354543-0CF63EC8000005DC-166_634x353.jpg]

as for the rams playing squad, they once again have spent a fair wad of cash, however, they have also lost two key players in the shape of chris martin and jeff hendricks, coming in has seen the likes of matej Vydra and ikechi anya being the two main and maybe the only ones, although vydra cost 8million!
the main surprise is the fact that Pearson was so willing to let Martin leave the club, despite his goal scoring abilities and strength in his build up play. but Pearson favoured quicker players up top and as such Martin missed out and the goals dried up. However, he has only left on loan so it may not be the end of his career and he usually is a pain for the town defence, we will meet him in a couple of weeks when he turns out for Fulham.

[Image: DJg4VglD.jpg]
[Image: 300px-Chris_Martin,_Derby.jpg]

The game really is one that both sides could do with winning for two rather different reasons. town to show that he dream is still there and that it hasnt disappeared and that we are well and truly still around. derby, in order to start moving back to where they probably feel that they should have been come the start of the season, rather than where they are currently placed.

team news for town, i would expect that there maybe a couple of changes as some of the players apparently looked a little jaded, so we may see mooy drop out for one of whitehead or paurevic. some would also claim a change at the back after wednesdays defending may also be called for. the advanced three may revert back to norm with wells coming in and kach moving back out wide, although it would be interesting to see if payne starts as he looked lively against preston. i wouldnt be surprised if the advanced 4 are wells, kach, palmer and payne for this one.

[Image: JS91953832.jpg]

Wagner has admitted that there may be some changes but it will be interesting to see if they are the usual routine changes as I've already mentioned, or whether it will be the more surprising changes as in Mooy or hogg out or maybe a start for Hefele or Stankovic. With the pace that Derby have up top, I would be tempted to leave Hudson out, whilst there defenders are strong but not blessed with pace, so maybe have some dynamic pacier players out wide and up top.

[Image: david-wagner-rotherham-4-3238-2853584_478x359.jpg]

[Image: JS95831205.jpg]

now you lot are welcome to chat about the game and i'll try and add more to this if i am able to  Thumb up  Big Grin
HighlandTerrier58, Amelia Chaffinch, Jeebers And 3 others like this post
A MUST WIN GAME!!!!! LOSE AND WAGNER MUST GO!!!!

Whistle  Laugh  Big Grin  Doh  Angry  Rolleyes  Smile
HighlandTerrier58 likes this post
Nice one jjamez - bit harsh that Snoots while we are still in the nose bleeds!! I've no idea why Tufty is back at Derby other than they made him a silly offer to get them playing the Derby Way and avoiding promotion again.

Have a free pic to help you out jjamez.

[Image: iiJTz8mTH4bVUFp7gUMLwPLIXWPVAeaz-83sYlDh...24-h300-no]

Can't go to this one. Bloody family weddings. Live together for years and then pick a day with a Town home match to get married. Just no bloody consideration for others some relatives. It's no wonder you can't pick 'em. Angry
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Ooh that's shocking, Theo. Who the hell gets married in October?
Exactly - not even worth it for a tax break any more .... er, was it ever?

He's a school teacher ---- something to do with half term and being fined for skiving off in term time. He hasn't got any brats yet the plonker.
A guide to cask ale.

All is good, all is calm, not going to this one either, I'm getting married, being a school teacher it's the only time I could do it Whistle

Think we will be a bit defensive here and counter a bit more in this game, it will be about not losing this one
Amelia Chaffinch, Lord Snooty, ritchiebaby like this post
Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat......................
It's between courses at my nephew's wedding but get in Kachunga
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

Great victory. Onwards and upwards!
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Is Jeebers your nephew, theo?

They tried to slow play down and were happy with a draw. Derby got what they deserved. Was not impressed with them. Thought it grossly unfair that Wagner got sent to the stand for celebrating when MacKaren (spellchecker did that. I like it) couldn't stay in his box (when he could be arsed leaving the dugout) all game.
Absolutely brilliant.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »