Thread Rating:
Town v QPR match thread
At times yesterday I thought we were watching a training game, QPR were awful first half and only slightly better second half. Town totally dominated them and at no time did I think we'd throw away 3points.
Good football, good result...great weekend
Lord Snooty likes this post
Agreed Wakey, it's been a long time since Town dominated both halves of the match so much and QPR could not have complained if they had been on the end of another battering. What was that thing about QPR's fitness training? All 3 goals were back stick headers. Another nice 3 points in the bag. Oh, and if you don't think Germans have a sence of humour, listen to Wagbo talking to Oggy after the match (about 7 mins in if you can't spare all 10).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0486m4n

We got the same number of points yesterday as Newcastle and Barnsley got on Tuesday. For all the goals they have scored so far, they both lost to us.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
According to the Muppet from the Press Association who is apparently responsible for counting these things we only had two shots on target yesterday. I think Alex Smithies might have a different opinion on that one.
A guide to cask ale.

Depends if you count a header as a shot I suppose.
Its on target and all the goals were headers. What does a part of your body other than your foot have to do with it?

The Heff scored with his arse at Villa, that was counted
A guide to cask ale.

Well then, there were the two headed goals on target. The Wells header which was offside. The one from I don't know who which caused Smithies to make a flying save early on. Then there was the Kachunga offside goal. How many more?

Didn't Palmer have a shot on target as well?
At no point did I think the 3 points was at risk, we totally dominated midfield, some lovely pass n moves, should we have scored more than 1 at HT ? I think so.

Is defending our 6 yard box our achilles heel Barnsley goal, Villa goal, yesterday with 10 men - minor blemish on what was a fantastic performance against a club who see themselves so far up their own arses they've re-appeared in the upper stratosphere.

I used to quite like QPR as a smaller London team but last 5 years or so they;ve gone billy big time and its hilarious to see them fail, love the Loftus Road away day one of the worst stadium still out there for away spectators and there average 730 away following was no great shakes.

I think QPRse have the players to hurt you but our team spirit, fitness and fight is no fluke after 8 league games we are where we are on merit and it feels fantastic, responding to Tuesdays set back so postiviely.

had to dash at FT so couldnt stay for the wiggly finger holding hands bit - gutted.

Really looking forward to what should be on hell of contest in Royal Berks next week Stam seems to have had a similar positive effect there replacing Dr Fester, we have the luxury of a clear week training , let's hope their League cup at BHA goes to extra time.
Lord Snooty and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
We may have only had 2 on target
maybe they arent counting the 2 on target that were offside
Those don't count but there's 3 in the highlights alone that do.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »