Thread Rating:
Brighton v Huddersfield Town match thread
Just seen the goal. Ward let it slip through his hands. Tsch! Rolleyes
Disappointed to lose but in truth we were 2nd best all evening. Ward kept us in it early with a 1 on 1 save an odd shot n Payne superb cross Kach failed to get on it about all we mustered. They were attacking down our left flank all night so vlp never got forward enough. Possible deflection for their goal but Ward should have just collected it and we would likely have scraped a draw, a strong last 10 but not enough. Vocal 563 announced, decent applause towards us from the stand to our right for the effort. Ward came over got a superb reception gave his gloves to a kid, no funny hand holding business tonight 400 staying to applaud said it all.
Get back on the bike sat n beat Qprse then all well again.
Sat having a beer beside the front in barmy warm weather down here 70C at 11pm jolliday weather.
Cheers for that Sloppy, always a tough ask Brighton away for both the team and the supporters. A great effort for us to have over 500 there on a Tuesday night, well done to every single one of you!

Haven't seen the goal yet but we all make mistakes, it's how you react to them that matters and at least it hasn't cost us a position in the table.

Roll on Saturday when we hopefully start another mini unbeaten run with a win against QPR.

Match thread will be up sometime tomorrow by the way
Well now ive slept what do i say about last nights performance?

First half we were slow and seemed like we were happy to frustrate and possibly hit on the break. It wasnt like we were dropping deep, we just didnt have any umph behind our play.

Second half we had a bit more about our play and saw a lot more of the ball but never really had a great chance on goal, probably didnt have one all game, just a few easy saves and a couple of half chances but nothing major. All the second balls seemed to be dropping to their feet or bouncing their way.

In terms of their goal. Ward shouldve saved it but the lad will save us more points than he costs us.
defensively we seemed solid enough. One very nervy moment in the first half when ward produced a fine save one on one. Knockaert is still our nemesis but we could do with someone like him.
Midfield battled hard, bunn was fairly anonymous, payne looked like he had something up his sleeve and rajiv did all his duties. Kachunga tried but never really got into the game being marshalled in the land of giants.

One thing though, i dont know why when we were going for it, nahki wells ended up out wide right. Added to that hef wasnt winning much if anything against their 6"6+ centre halves. We would have been better off moving it wide and whipping crosses in, especially when duffy has scored so many own goals this season.

All in all we battled hard but to no avail. On to saturday!
You should see DATM right now. The naysayers are carping on about us not scoring enough goals. It's truly remarkable what one defeat will do to some people.
Tbf we could win 7-0 like Barcelona and have 14 shots and it would be why wasnt it 10? And claims of it not being good enough. There are people who love to find faults, unsurprisingly thats is their major fault

The result was fair but the draw would have been fair too. Had we snuck it 1-0 then brighton could feel a little harshly done to.

Yesterday we didnt work the keeper enough. It happens. Move on. Saturday we go again. Against a keeper we know well enough or should do by now...if he starts
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Hey, we could easily have had two draws and two points from the last two games and now been 3rd on goal difference. We got one win and 3 points - I'll take it. We are still top on every version of the Division table I look at. Expectations against QPR will be high though given we beat Newcastle and they stuffed QPR last night. However if you want to see some bad keeping - step up a certain Mr. Adam Bogdan of Wigan.

Ours in case you haven't seen it.

and Mr. Smithies giving his back some exercise - how did they condense this into 60 seconds?

Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Probably by taking out any of the near misses!
In fairness there was bad defending as well but makes you glad we sold him!
He had no chance with most of them but he also has to organise his defence better. In that mood though, I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle batter a few more by similar scores this season. Barnsalee beating Wolves didn't surprise me either. Scoring 4 did, but winning didn't. Results like these at this stage of the season makes some sides goal difference look fantastic. Before Saturday most of those that had scored more than us had leaked way more than us and ony had a +1 or +2 goal difference. A bag full to nil suddenly makes them look like world beaters.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »