Thread Rating:
Terriers v Wolves match thread
For me snoots, in the second half he didn't seem to complete as many passes, make many tackles etc possibly because they started to get tighter to him and also see more of the ball.

It wasnt until the last 5 mins or so that he got it a bit more. He had a few chances to shoot or drive forward but chose not to, i think we lacked a players getting into the box during the first half. But goals will come
Lord Snooty likes this post
I think we went to the corner flags too early. The 85th minute is too soon in my book.
Absolutely Snoots, killing it off with 10 mins still to play when we could have got another at that point was silly. You know there's going to be 5 mins of add-on's with 2nd half sub's and any stoppage at all. No excuse for not knowing how long is left when there's a bloody great scoreboard telling you. I see some are trying to claim the disallowed Wolves goal was onside. Well it was in front of me and if he'd been any further offside he'd have been in the cinema ordering a kia ora, popcorn and peeeeeaaaannnnnuuuuttttssss. Available now, in the foyer.

Mooy certainly wasn't as involved in the second half when we had the ball. The first half almost everything we did went through him. We didn't play the ball to him as much in the second half.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
First real chance to get on here since Saturday.

Brilliant,excellent, super....great....smashing, fan fooking tastic!

All smiles back n the boozer after the match and for so many different reasons, plenty made a comment about how the first half was the best football they'd ever seen Town play...some were supporters of Town 20years ago and some have been going a hell of a lot longer than that. Cracking first half that we dominated for a large part and Wolves only came into it in the last 5mins.
Second half another belter and just as pleasing for me as Wolves cranked up the pressure but unlike previous seasons this team defended as a team and hung on for the pouts against a very talented and very tall Wolves team.
By the way, it's never too early to go to the corner when you're 1-0 up and after a ropey 20mins or so of relentless Wolves pressure it was just what was needed to wind the clock down and take the sting out of the game. Special Mention to Kachunga who didn't stop running all afternoon and despite the difference in size against his markers he absolutely bullied them at times.
Suppose you're right about running the clock down. Thing is, we're not used to having a team that can hold a 1-0 lead and a second goal has always been a must.
Ey up Wakey, score when you can. You won't get many looking at the corner flag. Yes they had been on top but were knackered and there for the taking. Having said that, there's an absence of Wolves fans in my local for some reason Big Grin
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »