Thread Rating:
Away Priority Ticket Scheme
So In light of Town shifting near on 15,000 season tickets this has created a potential problem. How do you determine who gets 1st choice on away ticket allocations when they go on sale?

The clubs solution is to create a away membership scheme called 'Terriers on Tour'
So what it ToT, well it's a priority scheme that will set you back £20ea and in return you get top priority for away game tickets putting you at the very front of the queue, you also get £5 off the away shirt and every time you travel with the clubs away coaches they knock £1 off the cost.

If you were a Patron/Blue and White Foundation member and a Season Card holder one of the benefits was that you had priority on away tickets, not any more you don't. The ToT elevates you to the top of the pile.

So what's everybody's thoughts on this?

Here are mine.

On paper it's a very clever way of bringing in extra revenue to the clubs coffers.

Let's say 2000 people sign up £20 X 2000 = £40,0000
If only half of them buy the new shirt and claim the £5 discount you hand over £35 to the club shop £35 X 1000 = £35,000
If only 2.5% (50)of them choose to travel with the club to 15games in order get the further £15 cost of the card back then I'd estimate minimum cost of £9 after discount £9 X 50 X 15 = £6,750

Total income £81,750.... It's nothing more than a money making scheme.

Here lies the problem in the scheme,
Away allocations, I'm not sure but I think the smallest allocation will be 1400 for Burton away. If more than 1400 sign up for this scheme and they all want to go(why wouldn't they its a new ground to tick off after all) then somebody is going to miss out. My solution would be to limit membership tothe lowest away League allocation.

I don't get why they couldn't implement a Loyalty points scheme, 2 years ago I emailed Clibbens about this and the farcical loyalty(reward scheme) and told him all fans wanted was a points system. Go to away games and earn points. How hard could it be to write a programme onto the club system, they already have a client ref number against each one of us, they already know who buys tickets for which games...obviously those who pay on the day at away games would miss out but that would be their choice. I was told they didn't need one because we rarely sold out and that's where my major grind is, what would happenif we were playing premiership football next season...we'd all be in the same boat as now £20 splashed out each with no guarantee of a ticket, the club have thought about the cash and failed to forward plan and more importantly failed to give the loyal away day supporters a fair crack of the ticket allocation.
Lord Snooty likes this post
To be members of Terriers on Tour, I reckon each applicant should have to write an essay answering the question; Where were you when we were shit?
I'm sacrificing the Liverpool game to sign up. It's nothing to do with the money but the principal of it. The club have royally messed up here IMO and through either lack of forward planning or just sheer idiocy have had a PR nightmare. It's a money-making scheme because they know they can do it given our first 3 away games. They could have easily gone the route Wakey suggested - it's a lot fairer and at the same time doesn't rinse the fans of any money for the sake of it.
Thought the marketing dept. might, just might, have grown another braincell once Clibbens left but no. For £20 you can jump the queue for away tickets in front of those in other membership schemes that cost more and have been around for a good few years. They have since back tracked and said you can now join the queue at the same time, still another Town PR farce in my opinion. Does anyone have a braincell that asks a question up there before they jump onto the Twattersphere to announce ill thought out crap like this? As Wakey says, something to pull in the cash from the Season Ticket offering. I doubt, just because we've sold more season tickets that more will turn up home or away by the end of September, or sooner. Many are on holiday in August and don't turn up every season until the third or fourth home game and unless we get off to a flier we'll still be looking at mid-table mediocrity so we all know how that pulls the crowds in.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
We have a loyalty scheme where you earn points by buying away tickets, home tickets for friends and merchandise from the club shop. When away tickets are announced, those with away ticket points get priority, first for ST holders with X points, then ST holders with less points, then members then general public etc. For the Play off final we had about 10 different priority groups, starting with ST holders with 480+ points down to someone who is registered with the club with 10 points (essentially one game ticket, no membership type of person). This seemed to work and about 5-6k tickets ended up on general sale. Extreme situation due to the demand and number of tickets but I hear very few complaints about the reward points scheme when it comes to away tickets.
Lord Snooty likes this post
I kept all my away ticket stubs last season 18 of the 23, didnt need them once - so they went in the recycling bag in May.

This season, as been said above 3 games we might sell out come one after another by sheer fluke. I'd go as far as to say 3 'sell outs' (Barcodes, Villa & Burton ) cos there's so many abstainers / shit scared for Leeds not convinced we can shift 2400 on 10 Sep unless we start the season strongly

As its turns out I'm on me jollies for the Barcode game - disappointed yeah but as its the worst view I've encountered up high from the 3rd tier I can live with it. Though I am coming back 1 day early with Junior Sloppy to be at Villa (which has caused a few domestic kerfuffles) but its a new ground to tick off being mid ocean back in '88 when we last played them.

Burton, 10 miles up the road in December will be the next one to tick off the new list, easy to get to just off the A38 - 1000 standing and a block of 400 seats. Saw Millwall play there in October for something to do last season one evening.

I'd be in favour of a points system myself based on last seasons loyalty the database knows you are, but in purely financial terms watching town away doesn't provide any income to the club. Like with England you now get 2 points for games at Wembley where you might buy an £8 programme or £5 pie, just 1 point if you travel 2000 miles to Moldova and have 3 days off work. Away days all goes to the other team coffers.

No doubt ToT is to simply raise another £20 per head x however many if you wont subscribe to B&WF and 3000 will pay it cos it was only £179 instead of £399 for the season card this term. I wouldnt jump on a sterile coach trip myself run by the club (even if I lived up there)) and I dont own a town shirt so they will get the full 100% worth x2 from me.
2 caps for all England games now but I get your drift
As a supporter who goes to away games maybe once a season, the new scheme attempts to put me last on the list while giving those who attend a lot more away games first preference.
I have no problem with this whatsoever. The only problem I have is why the club deem it necessary to charge £20 for the pleasure. As has been said on here, it's a money making scheme and nothing more.
What SCO said about Sheff Wed priority scheme seems to be the ideal solution.

I'm hoping to go to Newcastle away this season. We've been given 3,200 tickets, so I feel as though I have a good chance of getting them when they go on general sale.
But if they are all sold out, then that's my bad luck. Nae crying in my beer, I'll just realise and accept the supporters that deserve them more got them.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Ive had the the following confirmation from Sean Jarvis.

The number of members will not be limited and if membership exceeds the member of tickets it'll be first come first served for those members.

I pointed out that what happens if we achieve the dream and reach the premier League, they said they will look at the membership again next season(when it will be too late)

They will look into a points scheme and implementing it onto the system but nothing planned as yet
Is it £20 each to become members? I mean there's two of us, would one of us be able to join and get a ticket for the other? Not forking out an extra £40 just so we can go to Burton Albion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »