Thread Rating:
And the violence begins again as a big England match looms in Euro 2016!!!
(23-06-2016, 12:18)WakeyTerrier Wrote:
(23-06-2016, 11:23)Terrier1987cas Wrote:
(22-06-2016, 22:17)WakeyTerrier Wrote:
(22-06-2016, 16:41)0762 Wrote:
(21-06-2016, 16:45)Terrier1987cas Wrote: Quick note on here:
Spent 5 days in France and the English fans were the worst I encountered. Half of the folk who made it to the fan park for the Russia game could barely stand by kick-off and spent the majority of it either facing away from the screen singing 'I wanna go home' or '10 German bombers' - on a side note what a pathetically bad song '10 German bombers' is. Also our lot look like hooligans from the offset - whereas other countries are all proudly sporting their colours our lot are sporting their Stone Island jackets and Adidas Gazelle trainers. I'm very glad I spent my money watching other teams and enjoying the really good, positive atmospheres their fans created. Iceland were un-be-bloody-lievable.

This isn't an anti-England post. I like Hodgson and think we've actually done okay, and support England, although I lose zero sleep when we lose. I just don't get the hysteria over our great fans when for me they were the worst set of fans I saw over there...

Good comments and interesting to see an alternative view from someone else 'on the ground'! It's the kinda cringeworthy stuff that I've witnessed in years gone by and I certainly never thought it had disappeared even though the English FA have tried hard to change things for the better.

Ask Cas which England games he went to or where he watched the England games before you decide who is 'on the ground'

Never claimed to have gone to any England games, I'd rather watch neutral teams than England TBH as I've no real interest in international football. My opinions are 100% bases on what I saw in Paris, St Etienne and Lyon, and I watched the first 2 England games in the Paris fan park where there were thousands of England fans both times - that's a broad enough sample to build an opinion on IMO. The fans watching England at the games might be wearing their colours all the time and not singing moronic songs like '10 German bombers', but I couldn't comment on that. Certainly on TV you never see a 'wall of colour' at an England game like you do for most of the other teams.

It wasn't a dig at you Cas, I know you've been on a bit of a tour around France. I've been telling people as it is in the City's and the grounds where England have been playing and the guy seems to think I'm talking rubbish.
The wall of colour is very difficult when you play in white, compared to the stand out colours of Red,Blue Green and yellow but the vast vast majority of England fans that I've seen have been wearing England gear, not bumped into many wearing stone island

In that case maybe the folk following England around are a bit more sensible (apart from the fact they willingly chose to follow England around Big Grin ) and the lot I saw might have just been consigned to Paris. The worst example was me sitting at a table in my England shirt with my 2 new mates from Stuttgart enjoying a stein when some pissed up clown decided to come over and ask why I was drinking with N-a-z-i-s. Doh
I can honestly say I didn't see anything like that, obviously plenty of bother in Marseiile but as explained earlier in the thread not of England's making.
For the Wales game in Lens, England and Wales fans were drinking together in the bars without any problems on the day before and on Matchday.
In Lyon, fans of the 4 nations playing in that area over a couple of days were drinking and partying together no problems to my knowledge and on Matchday in St Etienne everyone was getting on.
Yes, lots of drunk English fans and some singing German bombers but not every 5 minutes. Just generally having a party and enjoying the atmosphere.
still no fighting ? and i cant see any against iceland ? so is this thread finished and shall we just say bad police bad venues such as marsellie ? i think so wind your knecks in jocks you turn coat against the working class wankers Thumb up
(27-06-2016, 00:16)Imre varadi Wrote: still no fighting ? and i cant see any against iceland ? so is this thread finished and shall we just say bad police bad venues such as marsellie ? i think so wind your knecks in jocks you turn coat against the working class wankers  Thumb up

We may have to go back to Marseille yet, beat Iceland and France and its where the Semi final is.
I hope a certain frozen foods supermarket has all their shutters down tonight. If England lose there'll be knobheads roaming the streets looking for windows to smash.
Remember all the German cars getting smashed after the penalty shoot out?
(27-06-2016, 09:14)WakeyTerrier Wrote:
(27-06-2016, 00:16)Imre varadi Wrote: still no fighting ? and i cant see any against iceland ? so is this thread finished and shall we just say bad police bad venues such as marsellie ? i think so wind your knecks in jocks you turn coat against the working class wankers  Thumb up

We may have to go back to Marseille yet, beat Iceland and France and its where the Semi final is.

although i cant see this happening in a month of next sundays Whistle if we did surely Uefa could change the venue why not ? the tickets you say ? just use the same ones its not rocket science Thumb up or the travel ? it makes no difference to the fans if its north south eat or west Thumb up aww the money theyve paid for there hotels they booked 3 years ago from some kind of gamble ? who cares tough shit your gamble didnt pay off Whistle

It would be madness to go backk to Marsellie ever again even at club level Doh they cant handle it and the rathole port is like a playground for the ultras who know the streets like the backs of there hairy hands Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »