Thread Rating:
Amongst The Bears, Wings over Scotland
Much has been said in the last few weeks on this Board about Rangers and their fans. Many insults have been traded between this and the Rangers Board. What we needed was an opinion from an independent Rangers fan.......

I read this article yesterday which is written by a long standing Gers fan which I thought well worth posting and is firstly sad  he doesn't feel able to watch live the team he and his father before him love and he indeed watched for 30 years and secondly was very well written with several points that fans outwith Rangers have been saying for years.

Sorry haven't got the www link but if you Google search for the title above it comes up. You can try   http://wingsoverscotland.com/amongst-the-bears/

Didn't know whether to post it on here or the Rangers Board but then thought it didn't really matter as the same people read both Boards and there is no one else on here.  Whistle     ( except Fred and ek of course ....not to be forgotten   Smile  )
"FOREVER UNITED"
ooofffft. He will not be popular after that.

Anyone who goes to the games will know they have cranked up the sectarian songbook considerably since liquidation.
Do they have any "football" songs Jim?
"FOREVER UNITED"
It's all lies.

No one likes us we don't care,aye they do fuqing care.
A 'really good read' and it confirms most of the stuff that we've discussed often enough! The main point to note from this article is the obsession to a highly questionable cause by thousands of people who do not wanna be challenged on the issues. It's volatile fanaticism on a grand scale, it's been covered up for years and IMO still has not been challenged properly by the appropriate authorities. Also the football club itself has not done enough and that is part of the problem and why it still has not been redressed effectively!! For example, marketing of sectarianism should be outlawed in this country and particularly when attached to any sport, never mind soccer!!
Could start with not allowing all the flags and scarves outside to be sold with all the other crap tat comes with it.

Is it going to happen though ................. NO
Aye no bother bounce,there director has just admitted he would rather they sung sectarian songs,If i was the main man at that club i'd have been in his office with his P45 ready for him.
hfcbounce and 0762 like this post
Correct Fred a really ridiculous statement to said by anyone but again NOTHING DONE
It all stems from when Charles green thought he was losing control,he immediately started pandering to the mair extreme elements of their support and they are still the main voice,when money is tight they wont ever challenge them.

It was telling how quickly Barton distanced himself from his Catholicism,reminded me of le guen saying he only went to mass at xmas. Where else would you have to do something like that?

Embarrassing.
Scotland and Britannia's shame.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »