Thread Rating:
Would anyone be interested in a Euro Predication League
Would anyone be interested in taking part in a Euro 2016 Predication League if we started one? Obviously there are two formats we could do but it would depend on the number of participants willing to take part.

We could just run it as one big league or we could have groups and the top two participants of each group would qualify for last 16 which would see people go head to head and so on till we have an overall winner in the final but like I said that all depends on the number of participants willing to take part.

I would be very happy to hear opinions and if people would be interested in taking part.

Thank you Thumb up
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Yes I would be interested, either format would work for me.
Yes.
Aye go on then, but I'm going to be away for the group stages so I'd need to enter all my predictions before 10th June
I've already drafted a competition based on the lines of our HTFC predictions game.

This is what I've drafted:

Quote:Sign up now for the great European predictions game. 

Played along the same lines as the HTFC predictions game, as in Cas or 1973 end up winning it. Wink 

This time we will put scorers down for the England matches. If you want to put scorers for other matches you can of course use the random badger Badger

For new players, the random badger Badger is used for any random prediction used once in each matchday sequence. For instance, a scorer at a particular match, the number of red cards in the matches or yellow cards or own goals or owt you want really.
Also for those of you who haven't played before, the joker  Laugh is played for one match in each sequence and if correct you get double points. So if you've predicted 1-0 and it finishes 2-0, you get 4 pts, but if you've predicted 2-0, that's 8 pts. But if you get it wrong, it's minus 2.
Jokers and badgers are optional. You don't have to play one if you don't want.

2 points for a correct result
4 points for a correct score
2 points for each correct scorer
Joker doubles your score   Laugh     
Wrong joker result gives you minus 2
Correct Random Badger gives you 2 points Badger

Knockout games games:
In the event of a draw, it's half the points if you've predicted a draw when it gets to 90 mins and the full points if it's still a draw after extra time. Half the points will be awarded for correctly predicting the winner of the match if it goes to penalties.

Group idea: Spireitematt came up with the idea of playing this in a group format, similar to what we did on the old site for the World Cup, or was it on here? Can't remember.
We'll see how many sign up. If we get 16, we'll do it in 4 groups of 4. If less it's not really workable I don't think. Then going to a knock out stage. We'll see.

Each matchday will be set out as such and I will work out the scores after each matchday and put up a league table.

Matchday 1:

Friday:
Group A
France v Romania (20:00)

Saturday:
Group A
Albania v Switzerland (14:00)

Group B
Wales v Slovakia (17:00)
England v Russia (20:00)
England scorers:
Russia scorers:

Sunday:
Group D
Turkey v Croatia (14:00)

Group C
Poland v Northern Ireland (17:00)
Germany v Ukraine (20:00)

Monday:
Group D
Spain v Czech Rep (14:00)

Group E
Rep of Ireland v Sweden (17:00)
Belgium v Italy (20:00)

Tuesday:
Group F
Austria v Hungary (17:00)
Portugal v Iceland (20:00)

Then we start matchday 2 on Wednesday, although I will post the fixtures a few days before so you don't have to panic and get them in in a short space of time.

So, who's in?
spireitematt likes this post
That would be ok, too.
Id need to submit the whole group fixtures, not sure what wi-if access I'll have in france
Ok Wakey. I'll stick all the group matches on at the same time. When are you off?
(21-05-2016, 11:37)Lord Snooty Wrote: I've already drafted a competition based on the lines of our HTFC predictions game.

This is what I've drafted:

Quote:Sign up now for the great European predictions game. 

Played along the same lines as the HTFC predictions game, as in Cas or 1973 end up winning it. Wink 

This time we will put scorers down for the England matches. If you want to put scorers for other matches you can of course use the random badger Badger

For new players, the random badger Badger is used for any random prediction used once in each matchday sequence. For instance, a scorer at a particular match, the number of red cards in the matches or yellow cards or own goals or owt you want really.
Also for those of you who haven't played before, the joker  Laugh is played for one match in each sequence and if correct you get double points. So if you've predicted 1-0 and it finishes 2-0, you get 4 pts, but if you've predicted 2-0, that's 8 pts. But if you get it wrong, it's minus 2.
Jokers and badgers are optional. You don't have to play one if you don't want.

2 points for a correct result
4 points for a correct score
2 points for each correct scorer
Joker doubles your score   Laugh     
Wrong joker result gives you minus 2
Correct Random Badger gives you 2 points Badger

Knockout games games:
In the event of a draw, it's half the points if you've predicted a draw when it gets to 90 mins and the full points if it's still a draw after extra time. Half the points will be awarded for correctly predicting the winner of the match if it goes to penalties.

Group idea: Spireitematt came up with the idea of playing this in a group format, similar to what we did on the old site for the World Cup, or was it on here? Can't remember.
We'll see how many sign up. If we get 16, we'll do it in 4 groups of 4. If less it's not really workable I don't think. Then going to a knock out stage. We'll see.

Each matchday will be set out as such and I will work out the scores after each matchday and put up a league table.

Matchday 1:

Friday:
Group A
France v Romania (20:00)

Saturday:
Group A
Albania v Switzerland (14:00)

Group B
Wales v Slovakia (17:00)
England v Russia (20:00)
England scorers:
Russia scorers:

Sunday:
Group D
Turkey v Croatia (14:00)

Group C
Poland v Northern Ireland (17:00)
Germany v Ukraine (20:00)

Monday:
Group D
Spain v Czech Rep (14:00)

Group E
Rep of Ireland v Sweden (17:00)
Belgium v Italy (20:00)

Tuesday:
Group F
Austria v Hungary (17:00)
Portugal v Iceland (20:00)

Then we start matchday 2 on Wednesday, although I will post the fixtures a few days before so you don't have to panic and get them in in a short space of time.

So, who's in?

I really like that joker thing to double your points, I might use that in the Chesterfield Predication League next season Wink
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I would be happy to give it a go.

Could also be a good draw for new members. I am going to send my mates an email with the link to this thread and see if I can get the engaged. Maybe others could do the same?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »