Thread Rating:
Five divisions
Speaking as someone with a 240-250 mile round trip to home games, I'd rather watch local derbies on a weekend anytime than try and find an online link to the game on Tuesday/Wednesday night. Yes, there are some south coast trips that make for a good weekend trip but I'd rather we were playing the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, L666s on Saturday than Brighton. (Yeh, yeh, I know about Bolton, but get my drift).

There would be a lot of pouting the first season where many more clubs get "relegated" to a lower division and would some Champions not get promoted??? FFP would be farcical too in the scramble to stay up. After that, how many get promoted/relegated from each division?
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(20-05-2016, 05:45)St Charles Owl Wrote: I never actually said I liked the idea, I just pointed out that this has come from the FL, not the Prem or the FA.  It needs 90% of FL clubs to vote for it to get it approved, so again it's not the FA or PL who will decide.  You may think there is an agenda or ulterior motive behind this, but I don't.  Whether we like it or not the game is about raising money, without that clubs will continue to fold like we have seen over the years and if a move like this puts some money into the pockets of teams like the old darlington, Hereford, Chester, Newport etc then to me that is worth doing!!  Football as a sport cannot exist at the lower league levels unless the revenue is right, the PL are not going to change and neither are Sky, the other 72 have to look out for themselves to ensure they can survive and the undeniable fact is more people are likely to get out of their armchair on a Saturday afternoon than a Tuesday night no matter what nostalgic view of floodlight games is.  This isn't a done deal, but the FL have to take the lead on their own matters and not wait to be forced into something by the Prem like we have seen in the past.

There is an agenda behind this. Why would the Football League decide to change the structure after 150 years? This has surely have had to come from the Premier League, FA or even Sky. This isn't about putting money into pockets of teams a Chesterfield fan worked out it would cost us £600,000 a year if this went through and would also cost teams like Accrington, Newport etc the same or a lot more.

Football as a sport CAN exist at the lower league levels as its done alright for all this time. We already have a fifth league and its called the National League (Conference) This isn't a done deal as 90% of clubs have to vote on this to go through and I can't see it happening.

The only change which needs to happen is relegate 3 teams from L2 and promote 3 teams from the Conference and put the Conference and North and South teams into the JPT. The other things which needs to change is the fit for ownership test.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »