Thread Rating:
Kristian Dennis
Now announced as our first new signing. Good one IMO.
Yes he gets 20 goals a season without playing for a team at the top of the Conference. He's worth a roll of the dice, there's no such thing as a certain goalscorer.
I'm claiming that one .
Always better to sign players on their way than up than those on their way down in my opinion.
26 isn't young but could be a late developer.
(10-05-2016, 16:10)bluepooch Wrote: I'm claiming that one .
Always better to sign players on their way than up than those on their way down in my opinion.
26 isn't young but could be a late developer.

Ian Wright was a late developer, he didn't play professionally till 22.

I think Kristian Dennis could do well for us.

Very good goal to game ratio.

2008-2009 Macclesfield Town 4 Appearances 1 goal
2008 (Loan) Ashton United 3 Appearances 1 goal
2009-2010 (Loan) Woodley Sports 2 Appearances 4 goals
2010 Woodley Sports 14 Appearances 12 goals
2010-2011 Mossley 3 Appearances 2 goals
2011-2013 Curzon Ashton 72 Appearances 61 goals
2013-2016 Stockport County 60 Appearances 25 goals
2015-2016 (Loan) Macclesfield Town 38 Appearances 22 goals

Also interesting fact I've read today. Kristian Dennis is the same age as Jamie Vardy was when he made the step up to Football League.

Could lightning strike twice? 
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
No pressure on him then, he can either turn out to be Ian Wright or Jamie Vardy. This time next year we'll be just waiting for the the first multi-million pound offer. Nevertheless I'm pleased we're giving him a try. Wonder who we are releasing?

Football's strange isn't it? Rochdale have released Reuben Noble-Lazarus at just 22. He was the youngest ever league player at just over 15 with Barnsley. How can you be that promising then be on the brink of sliding out of the game at 22? Maybe we'll give him a go. Danny was his manager at Barnsley. I've never really seen him play more than a couple of minutes, but he's had loans which have led nowhere, and that doesn't make me want him. Maybe he should try Scotland ........

I wonder if we have an eye on other non-league talent?
Depends on the attitude of players between 15-22 he probably not worked as hard as he should bit of glory to early
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(10-05-2016, 18:58)themaclad Wrote: Depends on the attitude of players between 15-22 he probably not worked as hard as he should bit of glory to early

Too many players are like that in football, they break through early and then think they've made it and don't think they have to work as much.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(10-05-2016, 18:58)themaclad Wrote: Depends on the attitude of players between 15-22 he probably not worked as hard as he should bit of glory to early

Very true, also depends a lot on their development from essentially a boy to a man as well, some kids just don't develop as quickly as the get older as they have up to that point.  Could also be down to the right coaching as well of course.
Sometimes the timing can just be unfortunate. He was a schoolboy in Huddersfield and grabbed a hat trick for Barnsley's junior team I think. The next thing they were shoving him on the field in the first team. Young players have to be given a chance, but you have to be very special to play men's football at a high level at 15. Maybe that destroyed him.

I'd be guessing the problem isn't hard work so much as inside his head. He got on the field 20 times at Rochdale, Keith Hill must have known him from Barnsley, so had seen something and couldn't have thought him workshy. Somehow he hasn't been capable of delivering to the level of ability managers think they see. The right man, or the right place might make a star of him. Maybe if he went to Montrose where he might be their best player he'd start to show what he can do. Or maybe not.

I'm sure there very often is an answer, because clubs reject seventeen year olds who have been star players at their level all their lives. They slope off disappointed into non-league and some re-emerge as stars. We assume the rejecting club was wrong because we can see the final outcome. At the time they made the decision the facts were probably wholly different. The Owls rejected Jamie Vardy at 14, but he was 4' 11" and a bit lary. Now he's an England player they got it wrong, but when he was wearing a tag and turning out for Stocksbridge ........ how did their decision look then? He was taller and possibly nastier, that's all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »