Thread Rating:
Paul Mitchell
Paul Mitchell has resigned and left the club. He found some good players during his time with us.

I wonder if he's gone to join Cook at Pompey.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Well they are certainly going to need players. Joining Cookie would however seem to be short-sighted. If they don't buck up he won't be there past the middle of May.

His departure makes his previous expressions of loyalty sound rather shallow.
Thing is ,if his recommendations aren't being accepted then I guess it can become frustrating
Assuming thats the reason.
I can see that Pooch, but what opportunities are there at this point to bring in new players?

Part of loyalty is taking the rough with the smooth. The best way to get your views accepted is to keep pushing them.

I was very impressed when Mr Mitchell expressed his desire to stay with the club. Sorry, but he's proving those words were cheap and easy. Are we supposed to believe that Danny Wilson is some kind of autocrat who listens to no-one? If not him then who is blocking his recommendations? And why?
Probably boils down to money Dev. I think Danny will want to spend every penny he can on building a solid team for next season rather than taking a punt on untried youngsters. Also being very cynical, Banks, Gardner, Simmons, Orrell, Mani Whatever, Harrison haven't exactly torn the league apart. I assume these were his recommendations as well? Would be interesting to see who exactly he introduced. Would have thought Morsy and Clucas were already on our radar being local.
To be fair to the younger players they have to get on the field to tear anything apart. Simons, Orrell, Mani, Slew and Harrison would be pressed to have 360 minutes between them in first team action. In the reserves they have been winning ........ On the other hand on loan none of them has been a huge success ....... Orrell at Matlock, Mani (taken off on Saturday and Mansfield grabbed another four goals immediately), Gardner can't keep out of the treatment room, Onovwigun not a regular at Gateshead.

We have developed players though ....... Ariyibi could be a stunner, Raglan, I've still got hopes, Banks you have to wonder about his attitude, Donohue is still coming through ......

To be honest I'm hoping Danny is very careful with our money, because I'm very wary of what our piffling buying power can do for us especially with failing Championship players. I think we have been on the right track, but for every winner you find you're bound to also come across losers. Swindon for instance are about to pluck Goddard from Woking, an England C midfielder - they recruit well from non-league. We could do that too - Sam Chaney at Torquay is four years younger than Goddard, rumour is he's going to be quite a bit better.

Asking who Mr Mitchell actually recruited is a sensible question, but we should also look at the reasons for our poor showing this season and these include:-
Failure to recruit sufficient players to cover defensive injuries
Failure to fill gaps created by players leaving/sold
Failure of some established players to match expected standards
Failure of recruited players to have the influence expected
Failure/absence of managerial recruitment after Mr Cook's decision to leave

My objection to Mr Mitchell is he expressed his undying love and jilted us before the engagement party.
The word is he was sacked. Whatever the truth we wont know. What is for sure is the strange number of players we have had in from 1 agency in particular. Maybe Danny has put his foot down.
Do you remember Carl Lamb? Why did he never get a chance in the first team? and what was the point of signing him if he never played.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
If we jilted Mr Mitchell then let's hope your explanation Dancing is right. Yes we do seem to be over-sourcing from one place .........
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »