Thread Rating:
The Hampden pitch being relaid again?
I commented a few weeks ago that, as a gardener, I couldn't see how the new turf at Hampden Pk could possibly root itself so many days before a league cup final. Indeed the turf could well be disturbed with early activity on it! Now we have the latest news from the SFA that the pitch is similarly being relaid a few days before the Scottish Cup semi-finals are played - nuts and more indication of poor practise by the people who are supposedly running the game up here!
ritchiebaby likes this post
Never mind relaying the pitch they should raze the stadium it's a toilet.
and 0762 like this post
I see Warburton is saying he is concerned about the surface for their game against Celtic. He is worried that inclement weather and the fact Hibs are playing Dundee United on the Saturday may spoil it. The SFA cannot do anything about the weather but am surprised they haven't cancelled our game to keep the surface a s good as possible for the BIG 2.   Whistle
Paigntonhibby and 0762 like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Didn't the same thing happen last year ? Pitch looked like a tattie field.

If the forecast rain hits on friday,the surface will come to pieces for our game.
Quote:The SFA cannot do anything about the weather but am surprised they haven't cancelled our game to keep the surface as good as possible for the BIG 2.    Whistle  

Ha ha ha Laugh  There's an alternative solution exeterhibby - swap the saturday fixture with the OF one on sunday! After all, we've all recently discovered that we are second class citizens when it comes to the needs of the Ugly Sisters! Disrespectful b######s!  Cool

(11-04-2016, 12:53)hibeejim21 Wrote: Didn't the same thing happen last year ? Pitch looked like a tattie field.

If the forecast rain hits on friday,the surface will come to pieces for our game.

Just feel the temperature in Embro at the moment. It'll be a similar temp to Glesca and It's currently uncomfortably cool  That's also not conducive to growing any grass and there is no point in heating it up underneath either - a gradual, natural growth required with regular watering.
(11-04-2016, 12:26)exeterhibby Wrote: I see Warburton is saying he is concerned about the surface for their game against Celtic. He is worried that inclement weather and the fact Hibs are playing Dundee United on the Saturday may spoil it. The SFA cannot do anything about the weather but am surprised they haven't cancelled our game to keep the surface a s good as possible for the BIG 2.   Whistle

That's a good idea considering the pitiful level of tickets sold for your game. Maybe hold the game at New Douglas Park or Firhill.
No, TWG. Us playing on the Sunday would be a much better idea as far as I'm concerned. Thumb up
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(11-04-2016, 22:55)TheWorthinGer Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 12:26)exeterhibby Wrote: I see Warburton is saying he is concerned about the surface for their game against Celtic. He is worried that inclement weather and the fact Hibs are playing Dundee United on the Saturday may spoil it. The SFA cannot do anything about the weather but am surprised they haven't cancelled our game to keep the surface a s good as possible for the BIG 2.   Whistle

That's a good idea considering the pitiful level of tickets sold for your game. Maybe hold the game at New Douglas Park or Firhill.

Aye Worthing, Scottish football from its stadia to fan apathy is in a sad state. I wonder why that is   Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
(11-04-2016, 23:50)exeterhibby Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 22:55)TheWorthinGer Wrote:

Aye Worthing, Scottish football from its stadia to fan apathy is in a sad state. I wonder why that is   Doh

Wonder away.

(11-04-2016, 23:07)ritchiebaby Wrote: No, TWG. Us playing on the Sunday would be a much better idea as far as I'm concerned. Thumb up

Plod would never allow it.
Wonder away? What a stupid, meaningless answer as usual - a man with a head full of bricks! It must be a contagion that is common to these plebs who infect this board! Cool
Meanwhile, back to the topic and, as forecast by hibeejim, the rain keeps pouring down across most of the country and the 'base course' for this new turf becomes sodden. Fun n games ahead but I'll gladly take the saturday fixture rather than the other one!
IMO the SFA missed an opportunity, after the end of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, when they could've laid a more durable hybrid pitch that actually has about 3 pc synthetic content in the turf but that's the backward-thinking SFA officials in their prime - very unimpressive! Now they are effectively 'firefighting'!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »