Thread Rating:
Maria Sharapova fails drugs test
This drug was an accident waiting to happen. With the apparent numbers known to be taking it, once it was banned someone was going to get caught out .......... as much by accident as design.

The sporting authorities must have realised this. The question is were they ready for as big a fish as Sharapova to fall into their net?

I can't escape the feeling that the entire sporting establishment wishes it had been the second best Latvian 800 metres runner whitening her insides with Meltonian, instead of the world's wealthiest sportswoman.
I honestly don't think drug taking is cheating. I think it's been blown totally out of proportion in recent years. Why shouldn't people do stuff that helps their performance?
Cheating is diving in the penalty area.
What about deliberately grunting with excessive volume to put your opponent off in a tennis match. And let's not pretend that's not why she does it.
Lord Snooty likes this post
WADA are now saying that there has been 99 cases of meldonium since it became banned. That would suggest that a lot of people have been using it for performance enhancing while it was legal. Or it could also suggest that a lot of sports people have heart trouble.
What it definitely means is that they need a better way of telling people when they introduce something new to the banned list.
(11-03-2016, 21:34)Lord Snooty Wrote: WADA are now saying that there has been 99 cases of meldonium since it became banned. That would suggest that a lot of people have been using it for performance enhancing while it was legal. Or it could also suggest that a lot of sports people have heart trouble.
What it definitely means is that they need a better way of telling people when they introduce something new to the banned list.

Or it means you can't teach stupid!!!  Or it means they simply think the performance benefits outweigh anything else!!!  Either way it's a fine divide between cheating legally and cheating illegally!!
Maybe if Fabrice Muamba had been taking this he would still be playing football today.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »