Thread Rating:
A satisfying victory
Considering a number of contentious decisions.Why did the ref take so long to disallow our goal ?.
It was a really good game between two teams wanting to win .I always admire Keith Hills Rochdale teams but we did exceptionally well to beat them on their own ground .
All credit to Danny for turning things around so quickly, the transformation using the same players has been nothing short of amazing.
I think Chris Morgan will be a big influence going forward and will eventually take over the reigns when the time comes for Danny to leave .I know Morgan's brief career as No 1 hasn't been too succesful so far but most managers have to learn their trade by being thrown in at the deep and and It will stand him in good stead.
I hope the players keep doing it for Danny. Sometimes the effect a new manager has on a pre-existing set of players can be quite short-term. That's really why I worry about the lack of resources we are offering him to strengthen the side. I'd love his revolution to become permanent. I want us to be next-season's Walsall ...... but I think we might need some reinventing.

But football's so unpredictable isn't it? Shrewsbury unceremoniously ditched apparently important players after we beat them 7-1. Next game up they win at Cardiff and keep a clean sheet.

That said I wonder if the double I had in my head after Swansea decided to keep Alan Curtis in post will come up? To lose at Oxford and to be relegated?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »