Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup, 4th Round - Raith v Hibs
This cup tie is a welcome break from our charge on the Championship title. Over 2500 tickets already acquired by Hibs fans. So the boys will have a huge away support to hopefully complete a double victory v the Rovers. IMO their main threat is John Daly and, after observing what they had to offer at ER last Saturday, I think Hibs have to fear their own complacency. Just play it like a cup tie, score the requisite goals and we can move on and concentrate on the Championship again.
I suspect Stubbs will field the same side that previously defeated them. However, I'd like to see Malonga replaced by either Anier or Dagnall. Apparently Stubbs will have the final say on whether Henry Anier stays or remains with Hibs at the end of January. Anier had better find decent form sooner, rather than later, or he'll be moved on. It's an away cup tie, which could be tricky against a stuffy side but Rovers need to 'come out of their shell' a wee bit and try to win the match. I'm hoping Hibs will exploit that situation in a high tempo cup tie atmosphere. I wonder if Gunnarson will be fielded at some stage of this match?

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Raith again ???

No thanks.
I'd like to see Anier and Boyle come on with about 20 minutes to go to give them a chance to make an impact. All being well, I think that Gunnarson will stay on the bench. I'd also add Wighton and Robertson to their danger men. However, we've already beaten Raith Rovers thrice this season and we should be able to do it again.

As far as performance is concerned we need a bit of the old shake 'n' vac to get the freshness back. Vigour, application and concentration need to be improved to make life easier on the pitch. Rovers will be up for this one and so must we.

Any win will do, but scoring two or three goals will give everyone on here a boost.
Cabbage is still good for you
HT Raith 0 Hibs 0. The fact that Jason Cummings has not been named for this match is probably more interesting than the game, as far as Hibs are concerned. Let's see how this develops. Huh
Cabbage is still good for you
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35211876

FT and a solid win again for Hibs! Thumb up  Stubbs looks like he's resting certain players like Gray and Cummings. Giving the 'thumbs up' to Malonga and Dagnall up front together with another debut for Gunnarson - a good display in front of almost 3000 Hibs fans! Well done and no mishaps! Thumb up A match winning substitution by fielding McGregor to replace Gunnarson - the 1st goal scored by the big man 6 mins later! Thumb up  Job done and we move on to other serious business Smile
This is our year      Thumb up
"FOREVER UNITED"
Again??
TheWorthinGer and like this post
Believe Fred believe    Whistle
"FOREVER UNITED"
No gonna happen Exeter it's no allowed lol
lol probabiy right Fred
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »