Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
Had a little trundle down to canalside this afternoon to watch the’B’ team.

Anyway they won 5-1 and we managed toscore all 6 thanks to a Tom Lees back pass. He was the only recognised senior player in the squad.we had two trialists, Stephan Padrao.who I can’t find anything about unless he’s the one Salford released and Kallum Cesay who was released by Spurs in the summer. Everyone did ok but I wouldn’t get carried away with the official Town report, it was t brilliant and neither were Rovrum
theo_luddite likes this post
Gordon Low has died, aged 83. He, you may recall, was a pal of Denis Law and came with him from Aberdeen.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Rotherham have sacked the manager….phone call for Neil Warnock?
This should be compulsory reading for all club chairmen - and apparently one in particular.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/202...rd-forever
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I've had an email from Saville Row Company. According to my account I've not bought anything from them but I've vague recollections of either a dress shirt or a blue & white striped dicky bow or something or another (probably through eBay or Amazon) in the dim and distant past.

Anyway for some reason, today's deal is listed as "Gift's for Her".
Well, OK, if there was a current Ms. or Mrs. theo in my life, fine, not that I haven't a few lady friends I've bought gifts for already.

It's just that this description of one offering somehow beggars belief.

[Image: ZIqtVQw.jpg]

Or is it me?

To my knowledge, Boyfriends that might fit other colours don't seem to be available, but I've not looked too hard to be fair.
A guide to cask ale.

I wouldn't thank them for that advert, either. Trashy tat.
theo_luddite likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Glad it's not just me. I've emailed them back telling them how obnoxious their advertising is.

I mean really, doesn't anyone proof read this stuff anymore before they put it online??
A guide to cask ale.

You really wouldn't believe their response.

The description of the shirt “boyfriend fit” is referring to fashion term style. In fashion design, "boyfriend" is a style of women's clothing that draws heavily from corresponding men's garments. Boyfriend-style clothes are designed to be looser or boxier and tend to be oversized — giving the appearance that one is wearing their boyfriend's clothing. Black being the colour.

So all us boyfriends out there have skinnier than us girlfriends? Plus we apparently have darts in the chest of our shirts. How does that work? They also didn't get the 'black boyfriend' bit either. Doh

I passed them a bigger shovel for the hole they were digging. Big Grin

Happy weekend peeps.
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

Haha. This sounds like it could be the start of a Joe Lycett sketch. Laugh
Championship managerial merry-go-round.

Schumacher leaves Plymouth to join Stoke.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »