Thread Rating:
Not The Town O'Clock News
Depends who they get in next I suppose. Doubt they'll go down the Siewert route.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Seems another strange decision but he's been unhappy with what's been going on with the owner for a while. What he was saying and what his face was showing weren't always the same thing since January. They spent big (for a promoted club that spent nowt to get promoted a season or so before) in the Summer and things didn't work out (not that that ever happens to us).

They spent nowt in January, which was possibly the main bug bear. That said they'd already gone half a season without a win. Like us they went up on a shoestring, compared to us had an amazing first season but it went pear shaped after the 2020 Covid break and the first half of this season. Cue the Blunts idiot fans saying the same thing as our idiot fans, especially - where's all the money gone? Er, football clubs aren't run on transfer fees alone, though that's the only measure some seem to grasp.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Where has all the money gone?
Wink
Gone to DH everyone?

That's how the flowers grow.
A guide to cask ale.

Smith Rowe named in the England U21 squad - no surprise there. Didn't see the match but the 5 Live common taters were talking of MOM yesterday v Spurs when I caught the last few minutes.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

In a refreshing change, Brum have sacked their manager two games after playing us rather than two games before. So that leaves Adam Clayton to wonder where Iva Karanky (way of playing) will turn up next and who he'll be playing for next.
A guide to cask ale.

He'd be better following Jimmy Krankie.
Cabbage is still good for you
Lee Bowyer set to get the Brum job.

What is it about Brum and appointing wankers as managers..this is right up there with Monk when it comes to wankers in charge
theo_luddite, SHEP_HTAFC, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
Had a Blue Nose in the house fixing some steamed up double glazing this morning.

He asked if we should have kept Wagner (when he'd already decided to leave anyway) but never mentioned the poison dwarf from L666s moving in at theirs. Then again, might not have known.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...v-20198400

Bit more than favourite apparently

From the Brum Mail.

Football goes in cycles – in Birmingham City’s case very, very quick, all-too-often repeated cycles.

Gary Rowett not big enough a household name? Let’s bring in Gianfranco Zola. Gianfranco Zola too unproven a manager? Let’s tend to that with the most experienced of them all, welcome Harry Redknapp.

‘Arry not enough of a coach? Arise Steve Cotterill, the strategist behind Harry’s successful relegation campaign, the keys to the empire are yours. Cotterill not mobilising the fans? Here comes Garry Monk, the ultimate preacher of the ‘One Club’ philosophy.

Been burned by English managers? Let’s try Pep Clotet and Aitor Karanka.

And so it goes round and round, not just at Blues but at most football clubs, with the next managerial appointment being the antithesis of what’s gone before.

That doesn’t mean Lee Bowyer has been brought in merely because he’s the opposite of the detached and ultra-conservative Karanka – he’s a decent manager with the capacity to become a very good one too.

Hmmmm - 2 and 1/2 year contract but has to keep them up. So potentially 2 years pay for a disappointing end to the season then.

Chinese Chip Shop owners - they'll work it out one day.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

Portsmouth set to announce Danny Cowley as new manager according to Sky.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »