Thread Rating:
Hibs v Raith Rovers - 02/01/16
For me, Saturday's home derby match against our near neighbours can't come quickly enough. After a distinctly sub-par performance against Rangers on Monday, I'm looking for a big improvement in both commitment and attitude. There's a fair chance I might be up for this game and Hibs need a strong backing for this one.

Fontaine was strangely lethargic during Monday's game, considering he is normally so consistently dependable in clearing his lines. I'd still have him in the starting line-up, though, unlike Fyvie, who struggles for consistency. Keatings should also be sidelined if Cummings is  - as expected - playing and let's have a couple of our pacier players on from the start. I couldn't be sure who the best replacements would be as it will depend on the availability on various loan players and Chris Dagnall.

We have the same defensive record as Rangers and Falkirk, but it is the goals scored column that is letting us down, so let's start off the New Year with a positive attacking performance with the goals to match.

GGTTH

Happy New Year to Hibbies everywhere. Thumb up
Cabbage is still good for you
I hope Fontaine is in the starting line up as he wasn't at Ibrox and took time to get to the pace of the game when he came on for Gray. Even if AS tinkers with the back 4 / 5 I would hope he would always be in.

Agree about Keatings being kept on the bench if Cummings plays and I would still like to see Anier play to give us more strength and pace up front. However if Gray is unfit I expect Boyle will play to give us an attacking option on the right.

We haven't played well for the last 3 games so come on Hibs lets start 2016 with a statement of intent with a convincing win over Raith.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Fontaine generally strolls through matches and one casual error does not make him a bad player - IMO he should've been on from the start at Ibrox. Gray's loss to a concussion injury will be a big miss as it was at Ibrox! However, we have cover for the RB position. I just hope the captain is fit - depends on the rule governing head injuries! This game is definitely a 'statement of intent' exeterhibby and I'm expecting Hibs to absolutely pulverise Raith Rovers on Saturday with a resurgent John McGinn at the forefront of a full assault on the Rovers' goal!! Thumb up
I think you do your team a disservice - they weren't sub-par at all. They were outplayed by a far better team.

Careful what you wish for re your next game, Raith will also be looking forward to the game I'm sure.
Good to read John McGinn's upbeat comments today re team spirit still high and positive to push on but not just for the Raith match. Stubbs' team choice has to be attack-minded and aggressive in front of a decent New Year holiday crowd! I'm looking forward to it - should be good! GGTTH
Keatings is too similar in style to cummings. I don't think it works together.
Important win today for you guys. Stats suggest you were worth the win but no idea if the performance matched the stats. Either way the win is more important than anything else after last week.
Aye SCO we got the 3 points ( which is the most important thing)  but as for the performance and entertainment in front of a good crowd.........nothing to say.    Sick

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Bartley and dom started today, 1st half was flat and poor - 2nd half we perked up and played some good football but we need to be a bit more sharper final third. Raith offered little but bruises and were fortunate to finish with 11. Decent crowd as well.

Mcgeough,hanlon and stevenson were the best of the bunch. We'd have dropped points in that game last season so i don't think theres much wrong with our 'resolve'.
Fortunately they didn't have Nade this season as I feel certain he would have popped up for the equaliser as he has done for them in the past.

We weren't good in the final third but apart from one opening in the first half they were even worse.

The entertainment must have sent you to sleep Jim as they had a man sent off late on  Whistle

After all the discussion about clubs singing sectarian songs etc on another thread, at least we cannot be accused of that........I haven't heard the place as quiet as that for a long time.....was everybody hung over  Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »