Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs - 28/12/15
I'll be away visiting all weekend and not back until Monday, so I'll put up a brief match thread just now.

Hibs have now clawed back the points difference to level with Rangers at the top of the table. Somehow I think that we won't claw back the goals difference on Monday - it's nice to dream, though - and I also doubt whether the title will be decided on goals difference anyway. When it comes down to it, Monday's game will not decide the title, but the winner will get a confidence boost going in to the New Year.

Despite Mark Warburton's assertions to the contrary, Rangers will be more than slightly concerned about their recent form and desperate to get back on track. Rangers are like a wounded animal, still dangerous, and Hibs must be on their mettle to stifle their ambition and to allow the Hibs playmakers to control the flow of the game. I've always been concerned about Hibs' failure to score first half goals, putting pressure on ourselves late on in games, and this would be the perfect chance to lay that doubt to rest. Let's keep the unbeaten run going for as long as possible.

Can Hibs afford to drop any more points? Of course, they can. Can Rangers afford to drop any more points? Of course, they can. There's a long way to go - not even half-way yet - and results against teams like Falkirk, QOTS and others will have as much bearing on the title race as Hibs v Rangers ones.

GGTTH
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
The pressure is all on the city trader for this one. Stubbsy has played him like a fiddle.
IMO our key player is definitely gonna be John McGinn - team game but I rate this lad to be potentially as good as Scott Broon at the same age! Rangers don't have any player to touch McGinn - a great prospect and a midfield dynamo! Here's hoping he's heavily involved in ensuring Hibs finally pass The Rangers to top place in the Championship after finally catching up with them - the perfect result! Thumb up
I hope we manage to turn up for this one but if we get beat it won't be the end of the World as there will still only be 3 points between us.

The last 2 games we have been nowhere near our best so heres hoping for an improvement at Ibrox and get a good result .

'mon Hibs    Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I'm sure Stubbs will have them fired up he'll be dying to ram it clean up Warburtons hole
I am sure Stubbs will be happy to take anything from Ibrox in this one!! Rangers have not been on good form of late but they have showed enough times what they are capable of. Pressure is on them as they are the home team but equally Hibs have to keep it tight and compete to give them confidence as well. Should be a good game!!

Of course both teams need to keep one eye over their shoulders with Falkirk now only three points behind, so whatever the result it's important not to make this game the be all and end all of the season!! It's important for sure but there is still a long way to go after this one.
(27-12-2015, 14:38)exeterhibby Wrote: I hope we manage to turn up for this one but if we get beat it won't be the end of the World as there will still only be 3 points between us.

The last 2 games we have been nowhere near our best so heres hoping for an improvement at Ibrox and get a good result .

'mon Hibs    Thumb up

GGTTH

Kind of how i feel too. We have been poor last couple of games. A big improvement is required if we are to get something out the game, I wonder if stubbs might try and spring a surprise the morn ? 

Its warbiola that really needs the win though,if we take the 3 points back down the M8 the heat will be turned on him in a way he has never experienced in his career so far. Its going to be an interesting afternoon.
You still got the points in those games and by the way The Rangers have been poor too nothing to fear going to Govan
Yep fredster! I liked what I observed when falkirk regularly skinned the Rangers defence, particularly behind their FB, Tavernier and their two centre backs, Wilson and Keirnan who are not that good when attacked at pace. Hibs normally show up for the big matches and lets play the match and not the occasion!
Sevco 4-2Hibs. As has been said not Championship deciding but a great confidence booster for Rangers who played the last 20 minutes with 10 men. As I highlighted earlier we have not been playing well but have kept getting the results. Luck deserted us today with the deflection for the second goal but we had too many missing in the middle of the park eg: Fyvie again had another  poor game. I said in another thread I would like to see Anier on with his strength and pace against their static defence but despite a large squad AS seems to go with the same team week in week out.

They need a kick up their backsides AS and lets get a decent performance next Saturday against Raith

Not the end of the World and lets not forget the run we have been on.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »