Thread Rating:
Huddersfield town Vs Preston North end
[Image: 163905d1303031506-huddersfield-town-guid...918-00.gif] vs [Image: 125badge-4x349-1062719_478x359.jpg]

Day: Dec 26th
Venue: John Smiths Stadium
Kick off: 3.00pm

After an up and down December so far Huddersfield will be looking at 3 points on boxing day when Preston North end visit the John Smith stadium.
The terriers will be looking to put their disastrous first half against Brentford behind them and hopefully come out flying, pressing high up the pitch and moving the ball around with pace. although this system has been seen in flashes for it to be successful it has to be consistent, and questions remain over whether the current squad has the wear with all to do this.
With the January window fast approaching and money to spend promised to Wagner there are players who will be looking over their shoulders and to keep a place in the squad let alone I the team they have little time to impress the new boss, who it very much seems has a definite plan on how his team wants to work and what he needs from his players.
Preston have faired only a little better than Town so far this season and sit only 4 points ahead of them in the table, they do however have a decent defense having let in only 18 goals this season , 9 at home and 9 away it is one of the better defensive records in the division and with Huddersfield current lack of goals this could prove a long afternoon for towns forwards
the other major news will be the return of Simon Grayson, former Town manager who as well all know was manager when town were promoted thanks to the mammoth penalty shootout at Wembley, in a peculiar twist of fate Prestons last game was against Leeds united ( which they lost 1-0) I wonder when the last time a manager had to face 2 former clubs back to back.

Other former town players potentially on show will be former town academy graduate Tom Clarke and former loanee Joe Garner, other former town players Jermain Beckford is sidelined with injury

Town will still be very much missing the influential Whitehead and late fitness tests for Hogg,Huws and Billing are expected

This will be a very special day for me, it will be the first live game I have seen in several years and if Wagners boys show up It could prove a very nice day , might even see one or two you at the game

not one of my usual posts for some reason all the picture I put in and the formation picture wont show and I cant figure out how to do it on my dads computer
theo_luddite and HighlandTerrier58 like this post
Hope you enjoy the game but from a personal point of view not the result, will also be there
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Hope we get a better ref than the one at Brentford. If not, somebody ought to tell Wagner that the crowd is not chanting his name over and over, like he clearly thought was happening at Brentford as they left the pitch!  Laugh
themaclad likes this post
I'M NO PESSIMIST.....JUST AN OPTIMIST WITH EXPERIENCE !!
Welcome home MNt. 3 points needed today. No if's, no but's.

Oh and before I forget

[Image: The+Xmas+Beano+Comic+1966.jpg]
HighlandTerrier58 likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
No complaints from me, we were poor

Posters are a bit thin on the ground this weekend. Hope you've not been affected by the floods. Watch for Scanz outrageous bit of skill in the box. Pity about the finish though. Brought back memories of big Frank at his best.

A guide to cask ale.

No live outside the flood area although around were I live resemble lakes

Been a bit waylaid recently. Was planning on going yesterday but didnt bother hard to say what roads would have been like, plus boxing day is family day.

Seems like first half we were poor but still managed to make a break through which is something we have to learn. Playing poor happens time to time, we have to learn that when thats happening we dont concede but can still grab a goal.

Second half was a big improvement and we should have got more than we actually did. The pne fans are saying they lost to a poor town side, part of it seems like its fans upset at their teams performance that they forget two teams are on the pitch and also that no other team is better than them. All teams have those fans, i know a few town fans like that
We get the same from opponents as well, teams fans cannot understand why they didn't beat a poor Preston side, goes with the territory I suspect

Both sides played better with the wind (a howling gale to be fair) at their backs. As good as Preston were, or appeared to be, in the first half, they were awful at the back in the second.

Roads were horrendous. Couldn't get through Brig'us or down to Cooper Bridge. Finished up in a mile long queue trying to get off the M62 at The Ainleys and just made the kick-off. Still, not as bad as anyone trying to get home in Lancs after the game I guess with the M62 being shut.

Canoe on order for planned pub crawl and Ruby Murray in Sowerby Bridge on Tuesday.

[Image: 336662096.jpg]
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »