Thread Rating:
Hibs v Falkirk - 12/12/15
This should have been the second game in a four week spell when we play the rest of the top six clubs. It's doubly important that we do well this month when we can consolidate our Championship challenge and, just as important, spoil the chances of the rest. Last week saw the Morton game called off, but it looks as though this week's home match against Falkirk will definitely be on.

This will be Hibs' first home game since 17 November and we now have 3 of the next 4 at Easter Road. Application and determination will be paramount in this game and I'd like to see more of Peter Houston's greetin' face at 5pm on Saturday. Falkirk are on their own in 3rd place, safe from the mid-table throng below them, and looking longingly at the teams above them, so let's keep it that way by beating them. 3-1 to Hibs for me, extending the unbeaten run to 16 games.

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
Am up for this one so hoping we can hit the ground running after a long lay off. Should be a relatively unchanged side but I'd still like to see Eckersley have a run out at left back before he leaves in Jan......however I expect it will be Stevenson.   Sad

Should be an emotional game after the sad news this week about Brandon. The players should be pumped up especially John McGinn.
Nice to hear AS will join in the minutes applause in the 14th minute.......perhaps McGinn can score at this time to cap a fitting tribute. I'm sure Brandon will be looking down cheering on the side he loved so much. Thoughts must also be with his family and friends at this difficult time.

GGTTH

Remember the 14th minute   Thumb up

RIP    Brandon
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Poor brandon. My heart goes out to his family.

The game doesn't feel that important anymore.
Aye Jim , puts a game of football into perspective.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! Football pales into insignificance when hearing of this latest sad story!

Re this fixture, I've commented in a previous thread that there has been a huge lull in the game because nowt has been happening on the pitch for weeks - a weird period of inactivity that I've not seen very often down the years. At least the players have had a good rest and I hope they pick up where they left off. The concern is that it will be the opposite, the positive momentum has dwindled away, and Hibs start from square one again.
Hope you are wrong 0762.....we need to be at it from the first whistle and hopefully with a bit of luck get the result we crave.

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Its going to be a battle. Strap yourselves in lads  Thumb up
Hibs 8 Falkirk 1 (corners) and then Hibs 10 Falkirk 11 (players). We do like to make it hard for ourselves. HT 0-0.

FT Hibs 1 Falkirk 1. Lee Miller put Falkirk ahead with 7 minutes to go, but Henri Anier came on for 10-man Hibs after 86 minutes and laid on a goal for Martin Boyle in injury time to rescue a point.
Cabbage is still good for you
0-1 for Falkirk - a steal v 10 man Hibs but what's this in the last min? GOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!! Martin Boyle!!! Thumb up Thumb up GITRUY Falkirk and Peter Houston!! We missed a trick with Rangers stumbling (by all accounts, should've been beaten by the Greenock men!) at home v Morton but great spirit, great determination by 10 Hibs players - still the better team!! Thumb up Thumb up And a foot up the erse for John McGinn with that red card - we need u on the pitch John!!!!
Late comeback and bit of a struggle for both of the top two!!! Might be a crucial point for either team in the end.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »