Thread Rating:
WHAT!!!!!
Leicester City Top Of The Premier League?
fair play to them

i do like looking at the bottom of the premier league though
@Kristien 1965
If we had appointed Nigel Pearson a few managers ago, we might be sitting where Leicester City are today.

People will say it is Claudio Ranieri's team but no, its Pearson's. They started to click under Pearson in the second half of last season finishing in 14th position just below us.

We would also see proper pacey attacking creative football instead of the cr*p we know we will see today under this footballing anti-Christ. That's almost certainly the reason for the apathy on this site and flukey wins like today with Arsenal will not dispel the negative feelings that are clear under the Pulis era.

if my aunty was a bloke she'd be my uncle Doh
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
It`s a good job the Vile are such a big club. Holding up the rest of the Premier league like that. DD Confused Confused
GlassEyedBomber likes this post
Ubique.
What utter rubbish Baggieman,
Not only do you look foolish after our excellent result but Nigel Pearson is the new messiah ?
Were you thinking that when they were all but relegated with 10 games to go ?
Poor post, bad call.
Try again next week buddy !

Even their own fans wanted him sacked last season because of their defensive based approach. We were shit when we won 1-0 at their place last season. I know cos I was unfortunate to be there.
If you can't enjoy today's win against a very very good Arsenal team then why bother bud ?
Pathetic.
You ain't no Albion fan.
Your views I don't agree with on the whole, but understand.
Tonight I don't. Flukey win ?
You are a disturbed individual. Move out of Stoke pal cos you are drinking with the wrong crowd.
Angry
(21-11-2015, 21:50)TheBaggieMan Wrote: If we had appointed Nigel Pearson a few managers ago, we might be sitting where Leicester City are today.

People will say it is Claudio Ranieri's team but no, its Pearson's. They started to click under Pearson in the second half of last season finishing in 14th position just below us.

We would also see proper pacey attacking creative football instead of the cr*p we know we will see today under this footballing anti-Christ. That's almost certainly the reason for the apathy on this site and flukey wins like today with Arsenal will not dispel the negative feelings that are clear under the Pulis era.

Not too sure that Pearson is that good. He did do a good job keeping them up, but they've arguably improved under Ranieri's counter attacking style which gets the best out of their star players.

Case in point...

Riyad Mahrez who is arguably one of the top 5 performers in the Premier League this season was barely ever given a start by Pearson. I remember watching them last season on numerous occasions and Mahrez was by the far the best player every time, despite that, Person rarely ever started him. As someone that just enjoys watching 'proper' footballers that annoyed me. If Pearson was interested in attacking football, he would've started Mahrez every week -Instead he preferred journeymen wingers with more 'defensive' qualities - a bit like what you're complaining about with our current regime.

It's no surprise that now Ranieri plays Mahrez with free licence, he's creating chances at will.
(21-11-2015, 21:50)TheBaggieMan Wrote: If we had appointed Nigel Pearson a few managers ago, we might be sitting where Leicester City are today.

Laugh

Im sorry baggie man but that's hilarious. By the same logic it's not Pulis' team for us at the moment either, but Irvines instead.

We all want to see our team playing the game in the manner that's exciting to watch, but you can't make Pearson out to be some sort of attacking football messiah. 

Ranieri is to take full credit for Leicesters current form, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an ostrich.  Whistle
I don't think the Pearson factor can be discounted in looking where Leicester are this year; as has been said they were virtually top of the 'form table' for the last dozen games under Pearson weren't they? For sure Ranieri has tinkered and made them even more effective this season but they were playing pretty well and very effectively last season too.

IMO there's a fair bit of luck involved as to how players gell and how they play; TP had Palace playing fast, counter attacking football in stark contrast to his years at Stoke, and Pearson maybe even struck it lucky for the last ?12 games last season, as for the first 6 months of it they were atrocious! So much seems to be about massaging the poor little footballer's precious little egos so they actually put some effort into things - that seemed so obvious watching Liverpool last night.

I believe that Pearson is the messiah of attacking football just as much as I believe TP is footballs' anti Christ Confused
I was keen to bring Pearson and Shakey back when Mogga went, but oh my days, what was he thinking last season? Forget the last ten results. His antics were jaw dropping. Not at my club.......ever!
I'm of the same opinion as Moses. Pearsons conduct last season was shambolic. Would never welcome him at the Albion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »