Thread Rating:
WBA vs Arsenal - Match Thread
Nursing a hangover after more than a few celebratory drinks last night, and despite us having more than our fair share of luck everyone's performance and work rate yesterday deserved a result.

Honourable mentions to Morrison with a top class finish and McClean who continues to make me look daft for my criticism of him at the start of the season.

BOING BOING!
Squirrel Regis likes this post
(22-11-2015, 13:20)Tibby Baggie Wrote: Nursing a hangover after more than a few celebratory drinks last night, and despite us having more than our fair share of luck everyone's performance and work rate yesterday deserved a result.

Honourable mentions to Morrison with a top class finish and McClean who continues to make me look daft for my criticism of him at the start of the season.

BOING BOING!

If I remember correctly, you weren't the only one to slate the Albion for signing McClean.

I remember the disgraceful scenes at the Hawthorns when half the 'faithful' booed every touch by him.

Massive credit to the guy for giving 100% despite of that.
drewks, Stairs, like this post
Tidy,
Hands up from me, I was unconvinced that McLean was good enough but he was terrific yesterday. So happy if he proves me wrong and continues to put in displays like yesterday.
Are you talking about the Man City game re the boos ?
Whilst I can't say some Albion fans didn't boo him it certainly wasn't half.
I was there and Man city fans booed him but didn't hear any boos in my stand.
Just watched MOTD2. I didn`t realise just how big Arsenal`s injury crisis is. I mean all those players carrying career threatening injuries but playing through the pain barrier, totally outclassing little West Brom. (I`m sure they mentioned West Brom once). Why even Arsenal`s tea lady is so much better even if injured. Just a pity that they could NOT score more goals than us............ But we were lucky. The Gods, the weather, et al conspired against Arsenal yesterday. DD (Sarky) (Sarky) Doh Doh
Ubique.
(22-11-2015, 15:16)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Just watched MOTD2. I didn`t realise just how big Arsenal`s injury crisis is. I mean all those players carrying career threatening injuries but playing through the pain barrier, totally outclassing little West Brom. (I`m sure they mentioned West Brom once). Why even Arsenal`s tea lady is so much better even if injured. Just a pity that they could NOT score more goals than us............ But we were lucky. The Gods, the weather, et al conspired against Arsenal yesterday. DD (Sarky) (Sarky)  Doh  Doh

Your dead right .... mighty aresnal only had to turn up to beat little old Albion, tea lady at left back, programme seller at right back and ball boys playing across the middle, that should do it, if they can't, then of course the match officials  will help to tip the balance, deny Albion legitimate penalties free kicks etc whilst gifting the opposition iffy decisions. Little ole Albion knowo their place and will roll over. Oh no Aresnal had an off day they must have been really poor to lose to us ....  i hate the patronizing pundits who think that there are four teams in the league and the rest just fill up the fixture list. Come on you baggies ...... albion til I die
Just got back (to Cornwall). Jesus it was cold yesterday but, much as I dislike seeing Albion's 30% possession, and hoofball, I cheered every player off the pitch, and forgot how bleeding cold I was.
The substitutions were quite bizarre, though, I thought. Sess was our only outlet, and should have stayed on to run the time down. Rondon was like a statue, and then Lambert was even worse - he looked like he was playing in a Veterans XI. Why can't they give him some tough training? It's not as if he's not earning good money - get him fit!!!

As for Olsson's "goal" I was bang in line, and looked straightaway at the linesman's flag. I'm pretty sure he didn't raise it at all, so how come Saido was adjudged offside? (Haven't seen any TV yet.)
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Well well well that was a very pleasant surprise. I must admit I didn't actually bother tuning in myself for two reasons 1 Arsenal 2 I was extremely busy at work during the match and I'd actually not thought about any football till one of the musicians I was working for said whilst he was onstage that his taxi to the venue was massively delayed and the driver was going on about the football at this point it was 6pm and I thought oh blimey I better check the damage so I get bbc sport up on my phone and feck me I'm seeing 2-1 baggies I had to look several times and at that point it was straight to my sky app to set record of every possible program we might be on when I got home that night to find we were game of the day my weekend was one of the sweetest especially as my recently departed ex GF is a gooner ? Anyway the game itself I have to say McLean really caught my eye possibly MOM for me. Some rampaging runs on the wing caused the own goal with a cross where nobody had the foresight or couldn't keep up with him. Bo made a couple of decent saves yacob got stuck in as he does sublime finish by mozza for the first. Hung on quite a bit in latter stages of the game but that's no surprise really but oh that comedy pen was just an absolute treat and didn't he get all uppity when McLean I think it was offered his hand to pick cazorla off the floor. Great fun to watch. I love it when we beat the so called bigger teams and this past few seasons we've actually started beating the likes of Chelsea Manu etc and it's happened a fair few times. Nice to add Arsenal to that list now if only we can do man city as well. Confidence must be high and they'll need it for West Ham away coyb
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »