Thread Rating:
2nd Favourite Team
(10-11-2015, 14:37)Salopbaggie Wrote: The New Saints, as my local team, don't sound much, but qualified from the Welsh Premier League for European Football every year since 2000/2001: 8 times in the Champions League, 5 times UEFA Cup and 3 times for the UEFA Europa League .  Not bad for a town of 16,000 people but does annoy a few in Wales as their ground is actually in England, well they send us Swansea and Cardiff.  They are yet to get past the second qualifying round mind!

And Wrexham salop, don't forget wrexham. So where are tns based then, seen them on skysports vidi printer.
Only one other team I would ever and do support and that's ENGLAND !

Once a Baggie always a Baggie !!!!
Back in the 60s of course my 2nd team was Albion Reserves, and I'd go and watch them when I couldn't afford an Away match (or when I'd got a date!)
I didn't think much about it at the time, but there would probably be 1,000 or 2,000 turning up.
Albion regularly came runners-up to Liverpool in the old Central League in the days when we had a conveyor-belt of talent from the Youth Team through to 1st Team (via the "Stiffs"), eg Brown, Hartford, Cantello, Holton, Robertson, Wilson, Statham, Robson, Trewick, etc etc
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
To quote myself recently:-   "Cheltenham Town are excellent defensively (usually) but struggle to put chances away and hence most matches remain close and thus tense for us fans."

Perhaps one of the Robin's players read my blog, I don't know but, I have to hold my hands up after last night's performance.

A goal after just 55 seconds; a second within 5 minutes and three more in the second half when Guisley were down to ten men and trying to park the bus. Big Grin

Sixteen shots on goal; eleven on target.

TP please go and have a word with Gary Johnson.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »