Thread Rating:
Big Sam in for Cummings?
It looks like the Black Cats' manager is the latest Premiership gaffer who is interested in Cummings' development but Jason won't be a cheap purchase/transfer if push comes to shove for Hibs. As usual, injuries and possible transfers of our best players could well pose a huge threat to our positive progress through this season. I'd ideally like to see transfers held until season end and hold our squad of players until that conclusion in May 2016. Now that we're fairly settled in our football operations NO DISRUPTION PLEASE!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
It's a nice notion to think you can keep your best players, particularly while you are in the Championship, but if Sunderland really want him then I am sure they will get him!! Question is can you do the deal early enough while getting enough money to strengthen the squad for the second half of the season. How much will it take to lure him away?
Hopefully that won't be true, as I feel that Sam's major problem is in defence. Besides, any English Premiership/Championship club struggling at the foot of the table will inevitably be linked with up-and-coming players at Scottish clubs, like Cummings, Keatings and Waghorn. It's getting near the January transfer window and rumours will abound.
Cabbage is still good for you
I don't believe Cummings is anywhere near cutting it with any Premiership club TBF about his current status at Scottish Championship level. Sunderland is just another interested club to add to Fulham, Rotherham Utd and The Swans who have had two bids already turned down by Hibs. Also Cummings' contract expires in the summer of 2017 and he has previously stated that he's in no rush to leave - IMO a wise lad! What's he worth? Hard to judge but if his striking form continues to improve through this season, a bid of £1.2M-£1.5M is possible based on previous transfers of young Scottish players from the likes of Falkirk FC and Dundee Utd.
Scott Allen wisnae in any rush to leave! But he did. Players will always chase the cash, Cummings is no different. Personally, i think he will leave Hibs in January as he will want to play at a higher level and Hibs cannot afford to turn down a decent offer from engerland.
HHGH
If cummings goes it will be in the summer. Personally i don't think he is ready yet,but whenever has that stopped a player ?
Cummings is not as good, or prolific, as Leigh Griffiths and that view is in spite of observing quite a few of Sparky's League 1 matches for Wolves when he didn't cut it against better defenders in a better football league! That's why I agree with you - he's not ready but he's developing very nicely in a league where he can perform reasonably well. IMO he still does not score enough of the numerous scoring opportunities that arise!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »