Thread Rating:
Man Utd vs WBA - Match Thread
(07-11-2015, 20:13)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Is it  just a one game suspension as its a last man red card ?
Didn't we have one sent off at Man City last year straight red and Gmac only ended up with a one game ban ?

Quite right, Beefy, it is a one-match ban.
Is it fair to say that already this season is all about staying up and taking the cash, buying improving and making ourselves an established premier league side.
Then changing the manager.
Huh
and BaggieMan like this post
funnily enough I watched stoke chelsea match last night and despite chelsea's really poor start to season only one win away from home? Guess who? Undecided Stoke played exactly the same way they would have done under pulls. They quite simply parked it and defended doggedly much like I've seen Albion do and probably like we tried to do yesterday although before you all berate me I couldn't stomach watching a replay of a lost game and i was at work in the day so I don't know if we played well or not? However Manure at their place is still a big ask compared to having chelsea come to the brittania at this current time. The difference of course is Stoke nicked that goal then truly parked it just like Albion would have done in the same circumstances and would have done if we'd got the first goal yesterday. My point is (and the commentator also mentioned this "Stoke still have the Pulis factor embedded in their style of play with a bit of added flair in midfield")  is that and it can get you results against these so called bigger flair teams. (I have to say personally apart from shaqiri who looks like a real box of tricks and a very talented player its the same old stoke with average players and the same old thugs at the spine) and it wasn't pretty to watch. However they took 3 points and went above us.

I've also watched Bournemouth play a couple of times and seen their shot ratio like yesterday for example 20 shots 5 on target compared to barcodes 2 shots 1 in the back of the net. Bournemouths attacking flare may be pretty to watch but its taking them down and guess what? Didn't they beat us in the cup last season :-( I'm not saying I'm enjoying this season its actually been quite painful tbh. I often work late nights on saturday and to come home and watch a win or a good draw on sky is a real treat to end a long working day. Its not happened too often this season but lets be careful what we wish for and please for the love of god will somebody tell me who they think would manage the Albion better and is available and would like the job and wages? Hey what about old Timbo? He needs a job? But of course were just a little old club to him lol!
I agree with a lot you say,
I'm interested manager wise at keeping a eye of the local managers,
Those at Blues and Walsall are doing one hell of a job for teams with hardly any cash to spend
If and when Pullis does go surely this would be worth looking at,

Man Utd was always going to be tough people keep saying they are playing badly yet they are 2nd in the league and haven't conceded a goal at home in over 500 or so minutes, (Hang your head Saido),

I just wish and i'm sure we could just be a little more adventurous it's just to defensive at the moment.

Oh well Arsenal next and no Gmac Doh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(07-11-2015, 23:30)Squirrel Regis Wrote: Is it fair to say that already this season is all about staying up and taking the cash, buying improving and making ourselves an established premier league side.
Then changing the manager.
Huh

This is spot on.

I'm dying to see us perform better and "have a go" at some of the more established clubs in the league, but not at the expense of relegation.

Very glad we've got Pulis hopefully for the short term instead of Sherwood who was interviewed before him. We've all seen what type of manager he is and I'd have rather have kept Irvine or Mel in charge instead of that muppet. 
(08-11-2015, 15:26)Beefy 1965 Wrote: .....Oh well Arsenal next and no Gmac  Doh

I'd love to see Chester play against Arsenal and for us to play a less deep defensive line; however we all know that this is not gonna happen - Jonas will be in and the same ultra deep defence will continue.  Confused
Did anyone who went study The Minute's Silence?
What did MacClean do?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(09-11-2015, 11:10)talkSAFT Wrote: Did anyone who went study The Minute's Silence?
What did MacClean do?

I presume he observed it impeccably, given that if he'd so much as twitched a muscle we'd have been knee-deep in MCCLEAN SCUM IRA DISRESPECT POPPY MURDERER news articles within the hour Rolleyes
aries22 likes this post
(09-11-2015, 14:37)Ska Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 11:10)talkSAFT Wrote: Did anyone who went study The Minute's Silence?
What did MacClean do?

I presume he observed it impeccably, given that if he'd so much as twitched a muscle we'd have been knee-deep in MCCLEAN SCUM IRA DISRESPECT POPPY MURDERER news articles within the hour Rolleyes
And that would be just The Times. Imagine wot The Sun would have said.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »