Thread Rating:
Our Best 11 @ November 2015
Couple of months into the season now, so i thought i would ask people their views on our best 11.

Mine is below as a 4-5-1 formation:

GK Myhill (until Foster is fit)

RB Dawson (begrudgingly though, as i have not seen enough of Gamboa to judge)
CB. McAuley
CB Evans
LB. Pocognoli (i cannot stand Brunt, lovely chap, but not a PL player anymore)

RW Mcmanaman
CM Fletcher
AM Morrison
CM Yacob
LW Mclean

Striker Berahino (OR Rondon)

If it was 4-4-2 it would be:

GK Myhill (until Foster is fit)

RB Dawson (begrudgingly though, as i have not seen enough of Gamboa to judge)
CB. McAuley
CB Evans
LB. Pocognoli (i cannot stand Brunt, lovely chap, but not a PL player anymore)

RW Mcmanaman
CM Fletcher/Yacob
CM Morrison
LW Mclean

Striker Berahino & Rondon

Justification:

I see the good old full back argument has raised its ugly head again. I personally haven’t rated Brunt for 3 seasons, he is a championship player that we are accommodating into the team for some reason, too slow for Midlfield, no positional awareness for left back, painful to watch and i actually feel sorry for him. Although, credit where it is due on his 200th PL appearance for the club! Dawson, is a centre half and he needs to move on for the sake of his own career, as he is no right back and his game will suffer as a consequence. We have a world cup performer (Gamboa) and a Belgian International LB (Pocognoli) in our squad, FFS just pick them Tony! If they are sh*te, then let them prove it to us and we will happily shut up. I thought Poc was very good at the start of last season, and would have thought he would be Pulis’ cup of tea, but obviously not.

Morrison needs to start at home, so it will be interesting to see what Pulis does. If Pulis sticks to 4-4-2, Morrison should play in the middle instead of Fletcher or Yacob as they are too similar and Mozza has the engine to go box to box.

I would personally like to see us play 4-5-1 formation with a midfield of Mclean, Yacob, Morrision /Sessengon, Fletcher, Mcmanaman. We sacrifice a striker that way, but Mozza or Sess can play just ahead of the midfield where they are most effective, and to be fair, I don’t see much of a partnership between Beharino and Rondon.

How Mcmannaman doesn’t get a start is beyond me?!? Every time he plays he looks a handful!

Would welcome peoples thoughts on the above.
The full back debate is a tough one as I really don't rate Pocognoli or Gamboa

McManaman struggles to do a full 90 mins so I just wonder if it's a fitness type issue keeping him out of the squad.
It does not matter who our best 11 are if we are going to get decisions against like those against Everton and again yesterday. Someone did say we could be Barcelona but with the bad decisions against us we would still lose. it would still cost us points as it has every single season we have had in the top flight, don't like conspiracy theories but it is starting to feel like it to me.
Dingle-Dingle and like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »