Poll: Who would you rather have? Evans or Lescott
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Evans
100.00%
16 100.00%
Lescott
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
Evans or Lescott
There was lots of talk at the time about how we shouldnt be getting rid of Lescott and that Evans was no match to replace him.

I wondered who everyone would rather have now?
Joleon Lescott was never the future (I feel the same about Ricky Lambert) but on a free he was a good buy, and for £2 million to Villa he was an even better goodbye. Jonny Evans, I never saw that one coming. Obviously Darren Fletcher and TP were in the know there.
Evans hands down, younger, quicker and a much better prost, no disrespect to the ex dingle, he gave us a good year and a profit, and the cherry on top ..... he is helping to take villa down.
1/ Having said all this most of the players should be good enough to keep us up - which is all we are after this season. Now Okore and Clark are coming back to fitness I hope we never see Lescott again in a Villa shirt again,

2/ And it seems obvious to everyone - except Sherwood - that Villas best back four would be Richards, Okore, Clark and Amavi. With Hutton as back-up.
Yet he kept picking Richardson and Lescott.. Why??

3/ Lescott has actually be dreadful in every game since he signed totally agree Clark or Okore must come in to replace him

4/ Who ever comes in, it should only take them one match to see that Lescott and Gestede are not any where near good enough

5/ Clark is another one. Unfairly dropped for the woefully inadequate Lescott. Clark does have mistakes in his game and can improve, but I'd much rather him over Lescott

Now these are just a few comments after the Villa V Swansea game
If you go on Ja 606 and go to the match threads they all same about Lescott,

Apparently we sold them a dud lol Big Grin
Oh yes and the overwhelming opinion of Villa Fans is

LESCOTT IS SHITEeeeeeeeeeeeee Whistle Flashing
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Personally, I was never as overly enamored with Lescott as most of our fans are. He was a decent defender on the floor but weak in the air defensively and didn't have any legs. Given our defensive style under both Irvine and Pulis, his lack of legs was never really exposed - but appears to be getting exposed for Villa.

For me, when injured or dropped (By Irvine), McAuley was a much bigger miss because of his dominance in the air which is irreplaceable (Not looking forward to finding someone to replace him).

As for Evans, I wasn't sure when we were linked with him because he never really seemed adequate for United. However, to call a square a square, he's been very good since he come in. We always knew he was quick and good bringing the ball out of defence, but was has surprised me watching him more closely is how decent he is in the air and the fact that he seems a real leader. He has Lescott's best quality, the ability to win the ball early on the floor, but without any of his weaknesses.

So at the moment, Evans looks hands down the better option. The only area where Lescott appears to be better was in the air in the opposition's box, where he had a knack for finding space. Hopefully Evans can start to add some goals to his game too, as we know how important it is for a centre half to chip in with 4-5 goals under Pulis.
Squirrel Regis likes this post
Lescott looks poor for Villa as they play a high line which doesn't suit him,
think the bloke was perfectly happy at the Albion but just wanted to be reunited with Micah Richards at Villa and wasn't keen
on playing left back for us. Not much in it for me as Lescott reads the game better but Evans is better with the ball.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »