Thread Rating:
WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread
[Image: Odemwingie.png]

Newly-promoted Albion get their first three points on the board courtesy of Odemwingie's debut goal against Sunderland, 21st August 2010

I've been caught out by the international break again, so this thread's going to be very short and sweet.  Which is probably for the best, because the prospect of Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce going head to head when both need their team to stop the rot is a subject that feels more worthy of cave paintings than words.  We can only hope that Sunderland won't be enjoying a "new manager bounce", and that our players will be coming off the international break fresh as daisies and eager to atone for the back-to-back Everton and Palace catastrophes.  We can only hope.  A phrase which is in danger of becoming the new club motto.

It goes without saying that this is a huge game for keeping us out of a relegation battle, so once again, come on you Baggies.  Give us something to hang all those hopes on.
Dingle-Dingle likes this post
Should be a cracking game of rugby.
drewks likes this post
Its got to the stage now where the football just gets in the way of my day out at the football Doh
1-0 Sunderland I expect, Lens is suspended for them and he's one of their most dangerous players which is good for us, but new manager effect and our injuries at centre back don't bode well.
Silly me; I'm thinking Sunderland haven't got that much to worry our defence and look decidedly short of confidence, and it's going to be a straightforward three points for us at home Blush Doh
This is The Baggies - what AM I thinking?? Huh
Can get evens at William hill for a home win. Was thinking about it but I'm not so sure.
Wow, what's with all the negativity eh boys ?
The shrine is gonna be rocking and...
No.
You are quite right
Injuries kicking in, fat SAMs first game.
0-0 all over it. Hope I'm wrong
Huh
I haven't been this season yet but, from what I gather, "the shrine hasn't been rocking" at all.
It's difficult when the football's been absolutely crap, but the Team need your support right now.
The Mackems will be there in full voice, so don't let them turn this into a home game for them.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Sessegnon!!! Come on you baggies
Myhill
Dawson-McAuley-Evans-Brunt
Yacob-Fletcher
McLean-Sessegnon-Berahino
Rondon

OR

Myhill
Dawson-McAuley-Evans-Brunt
McLean-Yacob-Fletcher-Sessegnon
Rondon-Berahino