Thread Rating:
Armand's gone
(21-01-2016, 16:34)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: As I understand it the clubs cant directly input the websites. The Football League own and run them and the clubs send articles to them for inclusion. No idea why but it seems crazy. On another note Danny Wilson this morning indicated it hadn't been finalized yet.

Would have been easy for the Football League to own the websites and put in easy editing software so clubs can edit and upload there own content or just let all clubs create there own independent websites. But its not just the Football League. Some non-league clubs use Pitchero to create there websites.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
There is so much can be done with websites to maintain and increase the fan base, but clubs, as part of a self-satisfied and unimaginative league do nothing. The articles and features they ALL post are badly-written dross, empty of wet and brain-power.
(22-01-2016, 14:10)Devongone Wrote: There is so much can be done with websites to maintain and increase the fan base, but clubs, as part of a self-satisfied and unimaginative league do nothing. The articles and features they ALL post are badly-written dross, empty of wet and brain-power.

I agree Dev and I know a bit about websites as I did it in my course when I was at college. If your a business or a point of information then it needs to be updated regularly otherwise consumers will look elsewhere. The other problem is most people get there information nowadays from Social Media e.g Twitter and Facebook. I will say this the layout of the Football League websites aren't as bad as they used to be.

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/ar...15986.aspx 

And then it's an undisclosed fee. I like football, here's my ear - please piss in it.

Websites Matt - well Football League sites - it's like walking up the High Street and every shop's the same. Sites are poorly laid out, lack information, offer no original features, give no true reflection of the club itself - no feel: no life. If their homepages were shop fronts you would never enter unless you had a specific question.
spireitematt likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »