Thread Rating:
Angriest time as an Albion fan in recent memory
May68 made a good point of mentioning how angry he was at those two games in a week against the Vile, but it got me to thinking about what mine were and it's something I think might make for some interesting retrospective on then and now.

If I were to choose one game specifically from recent memory other than the games against Villa, it'd be our absolutely shocking last 10-15 mins against Reading away 12/13 season. How we didn't win there by a margin of 4 goals or more was staggering, but nowhere near as staggering as how slack the defending was to piss the 3 points right up the wall. We dominated the stats in that game and still snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

This game marked the start of the decline of Jonas Olsson for me and I'm glad there's some new faces in at the club to move him down the pecking order.

The highlights (if you can call them that!) can be seen here for anyone brave enough to re-live that game again.
That one was bad, but the way we shambled to defeat on Astle Day was something even more extraordinary.
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
"Angry"....that's a good word.
I can't remember being as "angry" as I was for the 2 Villa games. I've been sad, disappointed, suicidal, etc over the years, but "angry" definitely sums up those 2 games in 4 days.
But..........OTHER than the games against Villa........I'd say the QPR and Leicester Home games a few weeks later got me almost as angry.
I could have crushed a grape.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I just hope my most angry time is not about to be surpassed in the coming next week, where in a worst case scenario, we lose to the Vile on Saturday and the Bluenoses beat them four days later. Our lives would not be worth living as we would catch it from all sides, I am already cutting holes in a big brown paper bag so I can go out, just in case.
QPR -Semi -Final -Highbury,

The best team i have ever watched then decided to choose this day not to turn up,

And to cap it all a fluke goal by Clive Allen ..............

Very Angry Angry
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Losing to Woking in the FA cup !
(16-09-2015, 19:28)Squirrel Regis Wrote: Losing to Woking in the FA cup !

Squirrel, I was there, really really angry, so much so I was cheering along with the rest of the crowd for a fifth Woking goal, division one old money against non league opposition, scraped a one nil half time lead turned quickly into a four one deficit before getting a late consolation. That performance made this seasons look good.
4evabaggie,
Me too ! Was it Bradley who scored our 2nd and everybody booed they were so livid !
As well as Woking played it was a dark dark day in our history.
Makes me mad still ! But have a soft spot for Woking ever since.
Not a recent memory but, losing 1-5 at home to Nottm Forest when I had finally persuaded my non Albion supporter friends to come along and watch us play.

We even scored first through Gary Owen.

It's not as if we were under strength either with Godden, Batson, Wile, Robertson, Statham, Robson, Brown, Owen, Barnes and David Mills all playing.

Cunningham had gone and so during the next season did Atkinson, Robson and Moses.

I have never forgotten that drubbing. Angry
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Twerton Park probably just shades it over Halifax. At least at the Woklng debacle we could be proud of the fans.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »