Thread Rating:
Lurker finally signed up to say hello
Greetings all!

After being a lurker on this site for quite a while and just popping in occasionally to read about any transfer news and other tidbits of info on The Albion, needless to say the cracking match day threads too!, I've finally decided to sign up and give my two penneth worth every now and then.

Firstly I'd like to make it clear where I stand on Pulis & Berahino from the get go, as these two are getting analyzed massively by anyone with an affiliation to the club and are rightly the hot topics of the moment.

Berahino. Now this guy has clearly made himself look like an absolute money grabbing disrespectful wally with those tweets, no doubt about that. But I'd urge everyone to read the Club Statement from Peace or re-read it if you already have an let it sink in, particularly the last part.

“We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Of course we can only speculate about what went on "behind the scenes" but lets be honest, Levy isn't exactly the most popular chairman around is he? No doubt he would have preferred to have signed Saido on the cheap and Spurs, particularly Pochettino and even Arry' (pays tax when he wants) Redknapp got involved in unsettling the player through the media. Obviously they need to penny pinch as that new stadium won't be cheap, but he tried it on with the wrong bloke in Peace and I couldn't be happier that he stood his ground and told him to f@#k right off!

It's also pretty apparent to me that the club didn't play Saido due to risking injury while this was going on as the club had every intention of letting him have his move in this window, providing the right money was on the table and it allowed us to bring in at least one more player. And we all know what happened next.

Fast forward to Saturday just gone and the mixed reception he got when subbed on. My stance on it? Anyone who boos the lad seriously needs to think about what they're doing. Yes, he was incredibly disrespectful to the club and us fans, but what do we gain by booing him? The only positive outcome now and what would help repair the damage caused if everyone moved on and supported the TEAM by laying off the booing. Despite his arrogance he's easily our best player and I'd struggle to see anyone else in the squad we could ask for £20-25m for. Can you?

Love him or hate him, he's here till January at the least and I'm sure most that are firmly in the booing camp would soon change their tune if he got a hattrick this Saturday!

And now onto Pulis!

My first thought when he was appointed was that I don't mind him being here for the short term for the job of keeping us up, because we were nailed on to go down until his appointment as there was no way with this record was Irvine keeping us up in my opinion. Not a chance.

Now that Pulis has had a transfer window and a pre season to build a team, I'm now more worried about the dreaded Pulisball of his Stoke days than I am of relegation! But this is based solely on what we've seen so far and I'd like to think that this Saturday will truly give all of us fans a proper view on the passion there is with the squad at the club now under Pulis. It definitely won't be easy on the eye football, but I'd take a smash and grab 1-0 against the Vile any day of the week.

BOING BOING!
That's a good opening post, Tibby, so I'll look forward to some more from you to spice up the Forum.
I actually thought (and so probably did Saido) that the reception he got was fantastic. I was very proud of the fact that our supporters manned up and applauded him. (If I'd been there and had to boo or cheer, I'd probably have booed, incidentally Laugh )

I'd welcome a smash-and-grab against the Villa, but only as a one-off. I'd rather literally go down fighting, than go down playing the Stoke way. It's not compulsory for the bottom half Clubs to put 10 men behind the ball, then hoof it when we get possession. The Management have never had so much funds at their disposal to turn this team into a cavalier outfit, for which we are renowned. Surely, after huffing and puffing our way to survival in April/May, we could have set up a blueprint for maintaining Premier status under our own brand of attacking football. Other teams do it with less money than we've splashed.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
welcome to the nut house
@Kristien 1965
(14-09-2015, 16:46)talkSAFT Wrote: That's a good opening post, Tibby, so I'll look forward to some more from you to spice up the Forum.
I actually thought (and so probably did Saido) that the reception he got was fantastic. I was very proud of the fact that our supporters manned up and applauded him.  (If I'd been there and had to boo or cheer, I'd probably have booed, incidentally  Laugh )

I'd welcome a smash-and-grab against the Villa, but only as a one-off. I'd rather literally go down fighting, than go down playing the Stoke way.  It's not compulsory for the bottom half Clubs to put 10 men behind the ball, then hoof it when we get possession. The Management have never had so much funds at their disposal to turn this team into a cavalier outfit, for which we are renowned. Surely, after huffing and puffing our way to survival in April/May, we could have set up a blueprint for maintaining Premier status under our own brand of attacking football. Other teams do it with less money than we've splashed.

Couldn't agree more about the poor standards when we have the ball. When the ball was coming down with snow on it after the hundredth hoof up to Lambert or Rondon on Saturday, you really do wonder when we're going to start playing the ball through the midfield instead for a change! Hopefully we'll see an improvement in our play with Berahino back in the mix now.

On the whole I've been reasonably happy with our transfers and squad since Pulis arrived apart from McClean. Never in a million years should he even be remotely near the first team. Gardner at the moment looks out of his depth too.

One positive to take from a dour draw Saturday was Evans' debut imo. His overall performance was solid and his distribution looked very reliable, Chester when he gets his chance can hopefully show that he's a good ball-playing defender too. We've definitely improved in that area but having Foster back ASAP would be nice too.

And hopefully our plan of planting Agent Lescott into the Vile squad to bring them down from the inside plays out as we all want it to!   Thumb up Big Grin Whistle

BOING BOING!
drewks likes this post
Wecome, Tibbs.

Great first post, and I agree with virtually everything you say.

(It's not THAT that makes it a great post tho, as I very much like to hear views that are different to mine. That's what makes this forum so strong IMO - the debates that are pretty measured and hardly ever descend from that level Thumb up )
(14-09-2015, 17:27)The Quantum Enigma Wrote: welcome to the nut house

Welcome Tibbs  Thumb up

As the nutcase above says welcome to the Nut house,

Of which Gareth is the founder member Whistle   Laugh  
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(14-09-2015, 19:54)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

Welcome Tibbs  Thumb up

The founder and only member from the posts I've seen so far  Big Grin
(14-09-2015, 20:02)Tibby Baggie Wrote:

Welcome Tibbs  Thumb up

Willkommen Tibby. If Garry is right I know where there is a hospital full. DD Rolleyes Rolleyes
Ubique.
(15-09-2015, 01:33)Dingle-Dingle Wrote:
(14-09-2015, 20:02)Tibby Baggie Wrote:

Welcome Tibbs  Thumb up

Willkommen Tibby. If Garry is right I know where there is a hospital full. DD Rolleyes Rolleyes

Yep DD is a regular outpatient there  Big Grin
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Welcome to the forum (madhouse)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »