Poll: Manager
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Irvine
5.88%
2 5.88%
pulis
73.53%
25 73.53%
Sherwood
20.59%
7 20.59%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
Pulis, Sherwood or Irvine?
The way I see it we had 3 choices at the beginning of 2015. We could have kept Irvine, or got Pulis or Sherwood (at the time the only two managers that were realistic and available). Did we make the right choice? IMO, two of those options would see us in the championship this season, but one of them would see us be playing more entertaining football than we are now (and that's not AI!)

Note: this question is posed from before the 'nice little club' rubbish from Dim Tim, when we didn't really have anything against him
IMO
Irvine: very nice guy, totally out of his depth
Sherwood: arrogant tosser who's achieved nothing and is likely to maintain that
Pulis: NOT the anti -christ of football; not the Messiah either but was, and still is, the best fit for us
Sherwood for me.... at least he knows what a fullback is.
Any team can get held up in the cup, people need to get off this doom and gloom cloud, the Pulis out band wagon needs to disappear and show a bit of optimism.

We are 3 games in to the season with 2 of the hardest game we are likely to have out of the way!

And now we are doing a vote on who we should have kept as a manager!

Give me a break! Get behind the team!
Stairs, 4evaabaggie, HarryJAllstarWBA And 1 others like this post
I believe Pulis will keep us up... but that's all. Nothing wrong with asking the question and having some different opinions though is there?
No I know, sorry probably a knee jerk reaction, I just don't like the negativeness
(26-08-2015, 11:12)devwakey Wrote: No I know, sorry probably a knee jerk reaction, I just don't like the negativeness

No worries, your opinions just as valid as mine!
BaggyBomber likes this post
Under Irvine, some of the performances (Newcastle at home for example) were the most spineless I've ever seen from a Baggies side.

In my opinion, we were playing dull football and heading for inevitable relegation so he had to go. Given our poor squad and the fact we were in the doldrums, we just needed someone to keep us up any way we could. Given his experience, Pulis was the right man for the job and proved it by guiding us to 14th with just a couple of signings.

Pulis is a master at getting the best out of poor players. The problem is, when he's given money, the style doesn't really change much. Personally my feelings towards him started to change when we bought McLean because I hate that type of 'winger'. Just a kick and rush merchant who can't play.

Ideally Pulis would've been pulled in to keep us up and then in the summer, then we'd have hired a more exciting coach to spend the cash. Unfortunately that wasn't the case but the ultimate blame has to go with JP and the board for hiring Irvine instead of someone decent last summer...
aries22 likes this post
Irvine was out of his depth from the very start and I was stunned he got the job - even more stunned that we are still paying out his contract!

Pulls did what Pulis does and got us, very effectively, out of the hole Irvine had put us in and for that reason alone I will support him for a full season to see what evolves.

Let's watch from a safe distance how Sherwood does before we start to declare a preference for him. He is splashing cash on average players as well and its a long season ahead which could expose him for what I think he is - a very average act!
HarryJAllstarWBA, 4evaabaggie, aries22 like this post
(26-08-2015, 10:55)devwakey Wrote: Any team can get held up in the cup, people need to get off this doom and gloom cloud, the Pulis out band wagon needs to disappear and show a bit of optimism.

We are 3 games in to the season with 2 of the hardest game we are likely to have out of the way!

And now we are doing a vote on who we should have kept as a manager!

Give me a break! Get behind the team!

I 100% agree with you, I'm sick of the negativity of the west brim fans, it's quite embarrassing at times. And it's not a Pulis out thread, it's the opposite. I'm trying to say that we've got the best head coach we could have got at the time
BaggyBomber and aries22 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »