Thread Rating:
Pre-season games
With our Petrofac game against Rangers at Easter Road being played on Saturday 25 July at 12.30pm, Hibs are slotting in three friendlies to get up to match fitness. We travel to Berwick on Tuesday 14 July for a 7.45pm kick-off, Dunfermline on Saturday 18 July for a 3pm kick-off and Ayr on Tuesday 21 July for another 7.45pm kick-off.

I'll not be posting any match threads for the friendlies, but please fee free to post any comments you wish.
Cabbage is still good for you
Lost the bounce game to Wigan 2:1. Scored early on through Fyvie but then the Latics scored twice in the last 20 minutes with the winner coming just before the end. Stubbs managed to use 18 players as is the want in these games, so was able to run his eye over a good proportion of the squad.

Lets see how the next 3 friendlies go and see how we shape up to sevco in the wee wee cup. Like what they are doing by building up the squad from the back forward, as I have always advocated that and have been disappointed that managers at Hibs for the last few years have not done this. Again this year, our main weakness will be at the back.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Is agree with Exeter I don't read into bounce games or freindlies to much as there's no full commitment from players nobody wants to pick up a injury etc etc. Stubbs will no what he wants and hopefully it will be sorted before the rangers games when the season gets under way.
Ggtth
Berwick Rangers 0 Hibs 3 (Gray, Cummings, Scott Allan). No Carmichael, no Keatings, but Reguero made his debut.
not a bad nights work 3 goals clean sheet and 3 players scoring. Good enough
Ggtth
Roll on the 25th. GGTTH
Hope the injuries to Handling and Allan are not serious.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
According to reports Exeter handling is the worst off between the 2 of the Scotty was taken off just as a precaution we played out the 5 mins as all subs had been used
GGTTH
Handling's knee injury looks like a serious one - if confirmed, very disappointing to see this misfortune so early in the season! I'm sure Danny's long-term omission will be covered anyway but he/we could've done without this ill luck. Here's hoping the injury is not as bad as feared.
I'd heard that he might be out for 6 months. Just rumour, though. Hope it's not that bad.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »