Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
I was talking pre-Chinese industrial revolution.
(05-04-2016, 00:14)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: I'd like to vote out because I have never felt a connection with Europe. I think being in Europe has in many ways stripped us of our own industries. It worries me that because of that we would never again be able to stand alone against a foe. However, I am also a scaredy cat and I think perhaps better the devil you know and to quote yet another saying, would we be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire? As a result, I will probably vote to stay. That doesn't mean that I approve of the way big businesses are threatening to withdraw if we leave. I think they're  despicable.

I don't think many people feel a connection with Europe. I would class myself as British or English before I would say I'm European and I think many other people would as well. We have lost a lot of industries due to other countries being able to produce and export goods at a cheaper rate but Thatcher did sell off a lot of our manufacturing and industries as well which didn't help matters. It's not just Europe but also China they manufacture cheap goods at cheap prices using cheap materials which means they don't last as long and therefore the consumer is always having to replace them in the long run. Britain doesn't export anymore because we don't have manufacturing we've got Tata steel but that looks like it will be sold off. Instead we import goods because its cheaper but because we don't export goods then how is our economy meant to grow?

What the EU want is a United States of Europe where everyone comes under the same flag, same anthem, same currency and same laws with the headquarters in Brussels.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Can't believe some people think that if we leave the EU then we won't be allowed in the Champions League, Europa League, Euros and Eurovision.

(18-04-2016, 00:32)spireitematt Wrote: Can't believe some people think that if we leave the EU then we won't be allowed in the Champions League, Europa League, Euros and Eurovision.

If it were true, I'd vote to leave.  Whistle
spireitematt likes this post
We'd best win the Euros this summer then if it's our last chance
I urge people to watch this as it is a very interesting movie and eye-opening. It's a crowdfunded movie and has been put on YouTube so its accessible to the British public. I doubt if it will be shown on TV.

I hate that horrible wee pub racist farage. Total dick of a man.
Stairs likes this post
(11-06-2016, 20:03)hibeejim21 Wrote: I hate that horrible wee pub racist garage. Total dick of a man.

Right with you on that Jim!!!  In past decades he would have been a skinhead and part of the national front!!
Think its so depressing that we are looking at a brexit. None of the brexit crew have any answers,just a load of nonsense about taking back control. Going to make us look a right bunch of xxxx.
Thats the point though, the Brexit crew don't have any answers because the reality is that no one knows what will happen if we pull out, it's never been done before so there is no way of knowing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »