Thread Rating:
FIFA
Today is the best news I've heard in a long time but its not surprising as its been happening for years and all fans know how corrupt FIFA is. I can't see FIFA coming back from this now they've tarnished the name and put football in a rather negative light. Its time for the countries to come together and disband FIFA and set up a new World footballing organisation. The FIFA elections should be put on hold as well till this is all over but I very much doubt that will happen.

They should take the World Cup off Russia and Qatar and have a revote again. England can host the World Cup we have the best stadiums in the country the infrastructure is in place we wouldn't need to build new stadiums, also we can put on big events just look at the Olympics, the Commonwealth games. Qatar have to build new stadiums which is going to cost hundreds of billions of pounds where construction workers will put blood, sweat and tears into building these stadiums and also they will be putting there lives on the line as well. You can't have the World Cup in Qatar because they have no history in football they don't play football over there, its going to be unplayable in the heat even if its played in December/ January. Its a homophobic, racist country where women have no rights. Need I say anymore.
Lord Snooty likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
This has been big news over here as well. The main thoughts over here are the fact that its the US justice system that got these arrests made and got the ones arrested extradited to the US to stand trial. The US is pissed it missed out on the WC bid to Qatar and they plan to prove the corruption and get that decision overturned. I will be very ironic if the one major nation in the world that has yet to truly embrace football is the one that acts in a legal manner to try to get FIFA sorted. For me its a shame there has been no stand by UEFA and the European powerhouse countries to force change, but then maybe UEFA don't want that level of scrutiny either!!

Matt, Russia should also be stripped of the WC because their human rights is appalling and thier stance on gay rights and other issues should be enough to get the tournament moved. FIFA has always said the WC was a vehicle to enhance the game in the country and region it is held in, that rings true for Africa and also to a degree with Russia but holds no credibility with Qatar, that alone should have been enough to rule them out. Both the US and Australia were in the bidding process, both of those markets would put on a brilliant tournament and the level of interest in "soccer" in either countries would be huge. In both cases football is not the major sport but both offer great potential forr the sport and great facilities and set up already in place!!
(28-05-2015, 04:07)St Charles Owl Wrote: This has been big news over here as well.  The main thoughts over here are the fact that its the US justice system that got these arrests made and got the ones arrested extradited to the US to stand trial.  The US is pissed it missed out on the WC bid to Qatar and they plan to prove the corruption and get that decision overturned.  I will be very ironic if the one major nation in the world that has yet to truly embrace football is the one that acts in a legal manner to try to get FIFA sorted.  For me its a shame there has been no stand by UEFA and the European powerhouse countries to force change, but then maybe UEFA don't want that level of scrutiny either!!

Matt, Russia should also be stripped of the WC because their human rights is appalling and thier stance on gay rights and other issues should be enough to get the tournament moved.  FIFA has always said the WC was a vehicle to enhance the game in the country and region it is held in, that rings true for Africa and also to a degree with Russia but holds no credibility with Qatar, that alone should have been enough to rule them out.  Both the US and Australia were in the bidding process, both of those markets would put on a brilliant tournament and the level of interest in "soccer" in either countries would be huge.  In both cases football is not the major sport but both offer great potential forr the sport and great facilities and set up already in place!!

Yeah Russia need to have it stripped as well because they are homophobic and another racist country. I would like the 2018 WC to be held in England and the 2022 WC in either Australia or US. Australia have never hosted it before and they should be given a chance to host it. Australia and US are two countries in the World who need more coverage of "soccer" because its not exactly well known and I know some Americans see it as a girls sport and won't embrace it and you could see that from last year and what they were saying about it during the World Cup. The MLS is getting more interest because of top named players like Villa, Lampard, Beckham, Gerrard etc going over to play and the standard of the MLS has improved a lot in the last 10 years and you could tell that it has improved just by watching the US National team in the World Cup. I think it may take a little longer for football or "soccer" to win a lot of Americans over but its well on the way.

I don't understand why these people have been arrested. Surely this "bribery" is what's known as the "bidding process".
Well Blatter's got back in. Another 4 years of backhanders and corruption I expect. 2026 World Cup will probably be on the Moon!

Blatter retains his post. 133 FIFA members vote for corruption. 133 corrupt members of FIFA. It beggars belief that this nonsense is allowed to continue. Blatter was hand picked as a successor by Joao Havelange, who is himself known to have taken sizeable bribes over the course of his tenure to make or influence decisions in favour of certain parties. In every election he has been up against at least one person who vowed to do something about the corruption, and every time a majority of voting members has opted instead to maintain the immoral course the organisation is set on - often, no doubt, as a result of being bribed to vote in Blatter's favour.

Time to ditch FIFA. Vive l'UEFA!
(29-05-2015, 20:34)El Car Wrote: Blatter retains his post. 133 FIFA members vote for corruption. 133 corrupt members of FIFA. It beggars belief that this nonsense is allowed to continue. Blatter was hand picked as a successor by Joao Havelange, who is himself known to have taken sizeable bribes over the course of his tenure to make or influence decisions in favour of certain parties. In every election he has been up against at least one person who vowed to do something about the corruption, and every time a majority of voting members has opted instead to maintain the immoral course the organisation is set on - often, no doubt, as a result of being bribed to vote in Blatter's favour.

Time to ditch FIFA. Vive l'UEFA!

Or set up a new organisation and call it WIFO (World International Football Organisation) or WIFA (World International Football Association)

Whatever they call it they need to keep it out of Switzerland where the authorities have been complicit accomplices to the bribery, backhanders and fraud that oils the cogs of FIFA.
I would rather have Blatter in charge than Platini. Now there's a dodgy bugger if ever there was one. And as for Greg Dyke.....
The problem is a lot of those 133 countries that voted for Blatter are the ones who get most of the legitimate money that FIFA hands out for development projects. The African and Asian countries get a lot of money from FIFA to help develop football in those countries, one of the good things FIFA does, but ultimately Blatter is seen as a bit of a hero in these countries for setting this up. Of course if we are to be justifiably cynical about this, he has done this while in office to guarantee their support without having to pay any bribes to them anyway!! The countries who do not need this money from FIFA, generally in Western Europe, North America and Australasia, are the ones who seemed to have voted for the Prince!!

For me the only way to get rid of Blatter is to pull out of FIFA, or at least seriously threaten that, the problem with that is it would destroy the World Cup as we know it and it would guarantee that Blatter would sanction his successor and then this guy would pick up the votes from Blatter and we would still be left with the corruption!! A way has to be found to get rid of Blatter and have a fresh start over who runs them going forward, I am just not convinced that option exists!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »