Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I am not surprised to see Aldridge leave the club after next season. For me Pearson can and I am sure will perform most of those duties along with DC and/or a special advisor for him. I do like the new structure and Pearson is right when he says that each person has an effect on all aspect of the club but they also have defined roles which are soley theirs.
I still expect another couple of people to be added to the Football Board over the next twelve months. They will probably be people who are strongly associated with SWFC, like John Pearson, Peter Shirtliff or Chris Waddle. This will ensure continuity if one of the Board leave.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Carlton Palmer always sounds articulate, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Wednesday (even if he is a Brummie) whenever he's been on WW Thumb up And I know he's not a legend but David Prutton comes across the same Thumb up
and complicated
(22-04-2015, 13:21)Maddix Wrote: Carlton Palmer always sounds articulate, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Wednesday (even if he is a Brummie) whenever he's been on WW  Thumb up And I know he's not a legend but David Prutton comes across the same  Thumb up

My personal experiences with Carlton Palmer is that he is an arrogant git and not the sort of person for a Director role. The key for any additions is that they represent 100% Wednesday so although their knowledge might not be so great, they can act as a filter to make sure our best interests are being served.

The whole process is so that players have loyalty to the Club and not the Head Coach & prevents the constant churning of players at each managerial change.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Maddix, I agree with you regarding David Prutton, always comes across very well and with a lot of knowledge. My only concern would be his contacts in the game might not be as good as say Waddles.

Have to say the more I hear from and think about this new set up, the more I am liking it in principal. Its now up to the individuals to work together as a complete team and we can then benefit from all their respective strengths. It certainly seems SG is here to stay for now, so lets support them as they embark on what should be the most exciting times we have seen at S6 for a long,long time!!
Normally we all enter the summer excited and optimistic about potential changes and by the time the pre-season friendlies start we're ready to metaphorically slit our wrists.

This year it sounds like we should all be happy for pre-season and hopefully be ready to hit the ground running for a valid pronmotion push. If I remember correctly player contracts don't expire until the end of June so we won't hear much on new names until early July at best.
Once the cull is announced it should give us all an idea of how many new faces we will see and based on the public comments the 'committee' made we won't know any names until it's a done deal (or MS leaks it to us hours before !!!)
already voted kelhar Wink
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Just watch how many players leave us and go on to other Championship teams, I'm guessing maybe one.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
depends who goes.

Semedo, Loovens & Mattock would get into a few. Buxton & Kirkland maybe. Rest probably not
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Expect Madine to get 20 goals next season, just not for us.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed