Thread Rating:
Match Thread - MK Dons v SWFC
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! Somebody pass me the fly swat !!
I don't get the comment that Hooper is two stone over weight. I have watched all his matches and he is running past defenders and I cannot see it. It is also a real insult against CC that he would sign & play someone that much over weight.

Hooper is far better than Nuhiu & Joao outside the box. His running & movement is better and his passing & link play is better. The only real down side is that he isn't as tall so wins less in the air and will find it tougher defending corners.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I haven't read that one, MS.

I'd say Hooper is a stocky lad, if he were a bit taller I think people would be calling him a brick shit house.. He's not 2 stone overweight though. I don't think even blobby Nigel Jemson was ever that over weight!!

I had just been wondering actually. what is our highest points finish since we were promoted back to the Champ? I was thnking even if the second half of the season is a carbon copy of this first half, we'd still finish on about 60+ points. Which is surely the most since we came back up?

So, would the correct conclusion be, that this season is going to be the best season we've had in years, despite how we're currently playing?
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(17-12-2015, 16:50)Statesideowl Wrote: I had just been wondering actually. what is our highest points finish since we were promoted back to the Champ? I was thnking even if the second half of the season is a carbon copy of this first half, we'd still finish on about 60+ points. Which is surely the most since we came back up?

So, would the correct conclusion be, that this season is going to be the best season we've had in years, despite how we're currently playing?

Here are points and position for our last two stints in the Championship:

2005-06 - 52 points, 19th place
2006-07 - 71, 9th (4 points off 6th place)
2007-08 - 55, 16th
2008-09 - 61, 12th
2009-10 - 47, 22nd (relegated)
2012-13 - 58, 18th
2013-14 - 53, 16th
2014-15 - 60, 13th

So 71 is the highest points total and equals the highest place in 9th.  For me that should be the  benchmark we are aiming for.  Its interesting to see that we have improved our league placing each season since we came up even if the points are up and down.  
Cheers, SCO.

That's what I was wondering. So we're probably on course for a 9th or 10th place finish really. Like you said I think it should be the benchmark and no lower.

With good investment we can mount a proper challenge next year. Or possibly even charge for it with some Xmas spending
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »