Thread Rating:
F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015
Excuse ignorance. What's the bit about Sportsbabble didn't get a place in top ten?
Is it because there were only 2 of us representing babble?
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(16-03-2015, 21:44)Stairs Wrote: Excuse ignorance.  What's the bit about Sportsbabble didn't get a place in top ten?

Each race you get points on zdkf1 depending on how accurate your predictions were. For the last race amelia got 26 points and stairs got 20 points.
The main competition is the league, and to score points for sportsbabble in the league you have to be in the top 10 points scorers for that race across all the forums taking part. (The only provisos are that the players must be not banned on the forum and not be a duplicate account. Also, even if more than 2 players from a forum would place in the top 10, only the first two score league points and others are ignored, e.g. cliptheapex had someone who would have got 3rd in the last race, but as cliptheapex already had 1st and 2nd, the third player was ignored)

(16-03-2015, 22:03)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Is it because there were only 2 of us representing babble?

Being one of the smaller teams, it's not as likely you will win the league but a small team can still do relatively well. Don't give up! Smile

(16-03-2015, 20:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: Ok, I have finally signed up, missed the first race but have my predictions in for the next one already.  Will update as the week goes by.  My nickname is babbleSCO.
Good luck! Thumb up

I don't know if I've told you the history of the interforum league... It started out just on BBC's 606 forum, but then when the 606 forum was due to close and the various 606 copies sprang up, I turned it into a league between all of these forums. Because most of the forums in the league trace back to 606, there's always a healthy rivalry.
Forums are always closing and new ones spring up; the league helps players choose a new forum if theirs closes or if they fall out with other forum members (in the 4 years of the league, 5 of the forums playing have closed, and all their players needed to find another forum to call home). For new forums like yours, it gives some exposure of your site to all the other players in the league. I hope it will also help increase the chat in the motorsport forum on here; I'll try to keep up my with my quick review each race which will hopefully be a starting point for further discussion.
Thanks pob.
Sorry, I forgot I hadn't explained how the league points are scored. I wanted the OP to not be too overwhelming.
Pob, if you get wind of a forum closing please tell them about us. We will be around a long time and will welcome a mass migration Whistle
Malaysia Results

Fb takes the win for cliptheapex to continue their strong start to the season.
Sportsbabble score their first points with a double podium from amelia  Cool  and sco  Cool  to move into second place in the league  Big Grin .

Code:
Pos user       forum    zdkf1 points  forum points
1  fb          cliptheapex  54            25
2  amelia      sportsbabble 46            18
3  sco         sportsbabble 45            15
4  andykarter  f1world      43            12
5  teabagyokel cliptheapex  43            10
6  slyboogy    garagistasf1 43             8
7  jb          not606       42             6
8  rocketred   garagistasf1 42             4
9  fernando    v2           40             2
10 pob         f1technical  40             1
scores for also rans from sportsbabble:
28 stairs

League table
Pos_Forum__________Points
1___cliptheapex______78
2___sportsbabble_____33
3___garagistasf1_____24
4___f1technical______20
5___not606___________16
6___grandprix________14
7___f1world__________12
8___ja606_____________3
9___v2________________2

Quali trophy
Well done to stairs  Thumb up  from sportsbabble for scoring the maximum 3 points towards the quali trophy by having the best pole time guess out of everybody on zdkf1. No one else scored towards the quali trophy this week.

Malaysia race recap:
Everyone was surprised (except Amelia) that Vettel was able to win for Ferrari, beating the dominant Mercedes on merit. An early safety car helped Vettel make best use of a two-stop strategy and Ferrari's good tyre usage in the extreme Malaysia heat to win convincingly from Hamilton and Rosberg. Raikkonen in the other Ferrari recovered from an early puncture to come through the field to take 4th.
The Williams drivers were anonymous except for a good battle on the final lap resulting in Bottas finishing 5th ahead of Massa in 6th.
The Toro Rosso drivers outperformed their senior sister team Red Bull: Verstappen in particular had a mature race with some thrilling overtakes to take 7th ahead of Sainz in 8th. Kvyat finished 9th, not helped by a collision with Hulkenburg and Ricciardo placed 10th after struggling for much of the race with front wing damage.
Whoohoo Smile
Stairs likes this post
Well done, Team Babble. Thumb up Smile
I am 20 mins late with my predictions for the China GP, can they still be included??

Pole : L Hamilton
Pole time : 1m34.763
1. L Hamilton Mercedes
2. N Rosberg Mercedes
3. S Vettel Ferrari
4. V Bottas Williams
5. K Raikkonen Ferrari
6. F Massa Williams
7. D Ricciardo Red Bull
8. F Alonso McLaren
9. F Nasr Sauber
10. D Kvyat Red Bull

I will also email this to the support email.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »