Thread Rating:
F1 Prediction Game (Interforum League) 2015
The season is about to start, so it's time for you to make your predictions for this year's interforum league! Big Grin

If you are late joining, don't worry, you will get some points for each race you missed (usually 20), and you can still help the forum in the league.

How to play:
  • Register on zdkf1and start your nickname with “babble_”. (If you forget, please edit your nickname here.)
  • Predict the pole position, pole time and top 10 finishers for each race.
  • The prediction deadline is 10pm (GMT) on the Thursday before each race (except Monaco).
  • How the scoring works on zdkf1

In addition to helping sportsbabble fight against other f1 forums for the (poorly photoshopped) league trophy, you will be competing for individual awards including: League standings from previous years: 2014; 2013; 2012, and 2011.

Slightly late predictions can be emailed to support@zdkf1.com and if you post them on here I will include them towards the league.

Driver classes are now up on the site. If one of your selected drivers doesn't race (e.g. Alonso), then his replacement (e.g. Magnussen) will be used instead with the same driver class. Manor's drivers aren't on the site yet, but will presumably be added soon.

Good luck everyone! Thumb up
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
I know nothing about it and randomly selected my first prediction whilst on the train. Here we go!
pob likes this post
 I'm in. Absolutely no idea who's likely to win but just gone for the names I know.  Tongue
Is your zdkf1 nickname "amelia" [Image: flag_great_britain.png]?

Number of predictions per forum for Australia:
cliptheapex 8
ja606 7
f1technical 6
f1world 4
garagistasf1 4
not606 3
grandprix 2
sportsbabble 2
v2 1

If you made a prediction and you aren't amelia or stairs then please say.
Yes, I am Amelia on there
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Well, I got pole position and winner right. Not bad for a total guess.
Australia Results

For the opening race of the season there were 37 predictions from 9 different forums.  A warm welcome to sportsbabble and welcome back to grandprix. Smile
Apologies to those who had trouble signing in to make their predictions. I hope the problems have been resolved. Sad
2013 champions cliptheapex start the season in style with a 1-2. Cool
Sportsbabble didn't place in the top 10 this race, but keep trying! Thumb up

Code:
Pos user          forum    zdkf1 points  forum points
1  teabagyokel    cliptheapex  45            25
2  rasputinlives1 cliptheapex  43            18
3  domh245        f1technical  39            15
4  poll           garagistasf1 38            12
5  jb             not606       36            10
6  lyria          grandprix    36             8
7  lawrence       grandprix    35             6
8  gleippz911     f1technical  34             4
9  mancini        ja606        34             2
10 tranquilchaos  ja606        33             1
scores for also rans from sportsbabble:
26 amelia
20 stairs

League table
Pos_Forum__________Points
1___cliptheapex______43
2___f1technical______19
3___grandprix________14
4___garagistasf1_____12
5___not606___________10
6___ja606_____________3
7___v2________________0
8___f1world___________0
9___sportsbabble______0

Quali trophy
Only wtcbu from ja606 and I got within 0.25% of the actual pole time for 2 points; 7 other players got within 1% for 1 point.
I'm just happy I got points!
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
I just realised I forgot to do my traditional race recap!
The race itself was pretty poor, with a quarter of the grid not making the start of the race: Manor (formerly Marussia) didn't turn a wheel all weekend due to several issues including not having the software to run their old Ferrari engines; Williams's Magnussen missed the race due to suffering back problems after qualifying; Kvyat's Red Bull and Magnussen's McLaren failed on the way to the grid due to gear box and engine failures respectively.
The Mercedes drivers look set to dominate the season once again, with a huge gap in qualifying to the other teams. Hamilton looked in control all weekend and took the win with little pressure from Rosberg a couple of seconds behind.
Ferrari look to have made significant gains over the winter, with Vettel taking the final spot on the podium. Raikkonen also looked strong but a collision with Vettel at the first corner caused damage that led to problems in his pitstops, and he was released from the pits with a wheel not properly attached, leading to his retirement.
Massa was fourth, his Williams team once again showing their tactical naivety with their pitstop strategy in the battle with Vettel.
Sauber's double points finish (an excellent 5th for rookie Nasr and 8th for Ericcson) was overshadowed by the team being taken to court by former test driver Giedo van der Garde. The Dutch driver is one of at least 4 drivers who had a race contract for one of the two Sauber seats this year. Van der Garde eventually dropped his challenge to force his way into one of the race seats, presumably after an out of court settlement, but only after dragging Sauber's name through the mud. The team didn't run in the first practice session due to fear of being found in contempt of court.
Red Bull have been throwing a strop in the media after a poor race for them. Ricciardo managed just 6th place, and they seem to have dropped back so much that even their junior team Toro Rosso might challenge them this year. The two Toro Rosso rookies both impressed, Verstappen showing good pace before his retirement and Sainz showing good maturity on his way to 9th place.
Lotus had a race to forget, both drivers out on the opening lap, but they should have some good optimism for the rest of the season with both drivers getting into the top 10 in qualifying.
Force India took advantage of the high attrition rate to claim 7th with Hulkenburg and 10th with Perez, although the team are likely to remain a bit off the pace until at least the European part of the season starts.
After a horrendous winter testing, McLaren can at least take hope from Button being able to complete the race, and he even managed to battle well with Perez, although ultimately finished last of the 11 remaining runners.
Ok, I have finally signed up, missed the first race but have my predictions in for the next one already. Will update as the week goes by. My nickname is babbleSCO.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »