Thread Rating:
Premier League B teams
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31702424

The JPT is the Football League Trophy so how are they going to get around this one? The JPT is a trophy for L1 and L2 clubs to give them a chance of getting to Wembley and having a chance at winning silverware, its like the FA Cup for lower leagues, by including Premier League B teams or U21s will rob L1 and L2 clubs of having the chance of getting to Wembley and winning the trophy. Attendances will drop because who will want to watch let's say Chesterfield vs Manchester City B team on a cold Tuesday night when the Manchester City first team is in Champions League action? No one that's who. If the final at Wembley is going to be between two B teams then the stadium will be half empty and no one will be interested. Also it begs the question how long before B teams join the Football League? It's a slippery slope.

As a fan of a Football League club I'm fed up of the Football League clubs getting screwed over by the Premier League. There's more to football than just 20 teams in the top division. Sooner or later the Premier League will kill off the Non-league and Football League clubs and there will be just two Divisions The Premier League and the Championship. I am fed up with this bullshit by the FA. First of all Greg Dyke wants a League 3 then he wants Premier League B teams to join the Football League which could still happen, I hope it doesn't and now it looks like they are joining the JPT. It's wrong the Premier League get everything there own way and everyone else shat on but I suppose that's capitalism for you.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I don't have a huge problem with this suggestion but I definitely get your fear about them taking over this trophy. If they are intent in getting competitive games for the "B" players then why don't they set up a reserve league like their used to be a few decades ago?? That way all the prem teams would have a B team playing competitive football every week, and it gives them somewhere to play players returning from injury to get match fit. There really is no need to include changing the league structure or cups to achieve what they want, but having said that this is probably the best suggestion so far if they are intent on achieving something.
(03-03-2015, 01:46)St Charles Owl Wrote: I don't have a huge problem with this suggestion but I definitely get your fear about them taking over this trophy.  If they are intent in getting competitive games for the "B" players then why don't they set up a reserve league like their used to be a few decades ago??  That way all the prem teams would have a B team playing competitive football every week, and it gives them somewhere to play players returning from injury to get match fit.  There really is no need to include changing the league structure or cups to achieve what they want, but having said that this is probably the best suggestion so far if they are intent on achieving something.

The Premier League already have the U21 league where reserve players play in.

What the FA is want is to copy the German and Spanish Leagues with the B teams but that has failed over in Germany and Spain and they want a football Pyramid like England has. If teams like Crewe and Southampton can bring though home-grown players from the youth team then so should the whole of the Premier League but what they do is take on youth players and release them to bring down the budget so they can buy a more experienced player from abroad and the youth players end up playing in the lower leagues or non-league or going out of the game altogether.

The only solution I can think of is the Government and the FA putting more money into grassroots football to have better facilities and coaching so young players can make the step-up to the Premier League and the England team. Greg Dyke wants England to win the World Cup but what needs to be done is a long-term but progressive plan and there trying to start from the top down to the bottom. Now I'm not a builder but even I know you don't build a house from a roof. They need to start at grassroots and fund grassroots football, the Premier League need to share there TV revenue down the leagues into grassroots football to fund the next up and coming stars.

Bringing B teams into the JPT and the Football League will ruin Football League teams and put them out of business because attendances will drop significantly, clubs will have money problems etc.

The Premier League is made up of mainly foreign players and there is 33% or less of British players playing in the Premier League. Now if you take those foreign players out the Premier League and just had British players then the standard of football would drop and be similar to the standard of football in the Scottish leagues. (No disrespect to Scottish football)
Imre varadi and St Charles Owl like this post

Slippery slope indeed. I don't like this idea at all. Sad
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016...ter-johns/ 

Looks like it could be going ahead.

Not only are Premier teams made up of foreign players but the reserves are as well
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

This has happened in mexico and strangely enough a few b teams got to the promiseland and they changed ther names and have now become sister clubs or brother clubs whatever ? but the worst thing is !! is that apart from one club Cruz azul who have become one of the best teams in mexico for the last 3 decades the other sister or brother or cusins clubs can be bought off in major finals ... which has been happening here in mexico for the last 3 decades aswell !! bad idea and one fifa will love ( headinhands )
Lord Snooty likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »