Thread Rating:
Chris Brunt
As I've said, I've a great deal of respect for Brunty.  However, I think he's being played at full-back because TP feels we have no viable defensive alternatives to fit his system.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...4784315079
...anyone know why he doesn't smash every 30-40 yard freekick we have?

What a servant he has been, some memorable goals in that lot!

Great servant, always liked him, always gives his best, loves the Albion, slowing down now but aren't we all. Does he qualify for a testimonial soon, I can not remember which year he joined but I believe he is the longest servant of the club currently, please correct me if I am wrong.
He joined in August 2007, so now less than two years from a testimonial. Him and Mozza joined within a couple of weeks of each other.
(14-11-2015, 15:46)Ska Wrote: He joined in August 2007, so now less than two years from a testimonial.  Him and Mozza joined within a couple of weeks of each other.

Cheers Ska'd, rare nowadays for players to reach ten years, hope brunty and mozza can both make it and in the top flight to boot, nice if a cup win could cap it off .......

Come on you baggies
...some absolutely wonderful goals on that compilation; includes my favourite goal of all time - the fabuloso free kick against Everton .... what a beauty !!

Great club man, very likable bloke and a very good player over the years - being played out of position permanently can't be much fun but he just gets on with it. How people give him stick I just don't understand - he's not the best lb and certainly (IMO) not captain material but that's not his fault, he always does his best in any role given. Thumb up
Chris Brunt does his best but come on he IS NOT a left back !
Great servant to the club and still not a bad player but he is slow and can't defend and not fit to be a LB
Doesn't make me a boo boy, but anybody who says he should be our first choice left back is frankly off their rocker.
I would welcome anybody to challenge this ?
I Heart Brunty....... In a man mate sort of way. I mean I love the bloke to bits ....... BUT I ain`t .... you know..... Just keep doing what you do Brunty....... But I errrrr like women if you know what I mean. DD Heart Heart
Ubique.
Great clubman and has done an 'ok' job at left back, nothing more than that though. It's not his fault that he gets picked there. In fact, i would rather him be there than midfield where he completely slows the game down to his tempo.

For me though, he should have been moved on 3 seasons a go. He is no longer a premier league footballer. He has lost whatever 'zip' he had, and the question i always put forward to fans is "if Brunt was at another club, would he be a transfer target for us?"...the answer is of course NO, so how does he get a start every week for us??? Club should have rectified both full back slots in the summer if they were not prepared to use Poco or Gamboa!

As i say though, not Brunt's fault he gets picked, and he always gives his all, so he has my full respect.
Squirrel Regis likes this post
For a supposedly decent left back ive never actually seen him make a tackle or head a football apart from against Utd when the plonker headed it straight to Lingard.
Yet another cock up from Pulis playing a guy who is only half fit when the club has the likes Pocognoli kicking his heels at home.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »