Thread Rating:
SWFC Goalscorers since 2005 - After Millwall 2/18/2024
Antonio this season, 10 Goals and 8 Assists, better than anything we have got.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Well that game at least saves me the trouble of having to update the lists!!!!Doh
(14-02-2015, 00:34)Imre varadi Wrote: o ffs !! Antonio is shit  Angry  there is only one player shiter and you know who that is dont you  Thumb up

No.

But do tell us we're dying to hear. Whistle Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
I have updated this after the last three games so Nuhiu is now in the top 10, and Keane and May both move up with McGugan now on the list as well after his goals.
Maybe we should have a list without penalties as Nuhui & particularly Maguire benefit from taking penalties.

So did McLean.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I don't like list's Doh that's how the National Social Party started in Germany Angry Next you'll be asking for New Labour style targets and quotas and want to list performance tables Whistle
and complicated
Goals are goals no matter how they are scored!! I will try to add in brackets the number of pens if I can find that stat easily enough!!

Also, being the penalty taker and scoring them takes a certain amount of balls, something that should be rewarded rather than discounted, especially as a lot of players won't take them!!
messi missed his last pen btw Wink
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(28-02-2015, 23:23)St Charles Owl Wrote: Goals are goals no matter how they are scored!!  I will try to add in brackets the number of pens if I can find that stat easily enough!!

Also, being the penalty taker and scoring them takes a certain amount of balls, something that should be rewarded rather than discounted, especially as a lot of players won't take them!!

Whilst I agree it takes balls, penalties should be shown separately as they distort the figures. When I played, I took penalties, it wasn't because I had balls, it was because it bumped my goals total up and made me look better. If you miss one, people soon forget it but at the end of the season five penalties can lift your total goals from 18 to 23 & get you the Top Goalscorer trophy.

Maguire made a big thing about being top scorer last season but it was only because he took penalties and again this season Maguire (2), Nuhui (2) & Keane have all benefited. From memory, McLean got loads of penalties.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I suppose pens can distort a goal tally, just as long the ball ends in the back of the net, thats all we want to see from whoever takes the pens.
I think McClean had 7 or 8 pens in our promotion year.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »