Thread Rating:
ICC T20 World Cup 2024
They were desperately unlucky to get Maxwelled out of the 50-over World Cup last autumn, and the arrival of Afghanistan on the world stage continues apace as they absolutely mop the floor with New Zealand, setting the Kiwis 160 to win then bowling them out for 75 in little more than fifteen overs. Farooqi and Rashid Khan each take 4-17, and only two NZ batsmen made it into double figures. An absolute pasting.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Oh dear me we lose
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

New Zealand lost again. Afghanistan, now West Indies.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Well that didn't take long. Turned back on to see England have knocked off a run chase in 19 balls. Laugh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
A real last-ball classic in St Vincent where underdogs Nepal went the distance with South Africa in a low-scorer on a good old Caribbean bunsen, needing only 2 from 2 at the death, but unable to drag themselves over the line as 18-year-old Gulsan Jha was bamboozled by a brace of short balls and then run out by a matter of inches going for the tie.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Afghanistan have their revenge for last autumn, putting Australia to the sword in St Vincent to give themselves a fighting chance of a semi-final place if they can hold their own versus Bangladesh, while the Aussies need either a win over India or a Bangladesh resurgence to save them. England reach the semis and eliminate USA, while South Africa and West Indies are currently in a winner-takes-all clash to determine who else progresses.
And after the Aussies lose to India, Afghanistan edge a low-scoring thriller in St Vincent to book their semi-final place!
Lord Snooty likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »